• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phoenix, AZ newbie friendly courses?

ray1970

* Ace Member *
The wife and I will be looking to play a few courses in the Phoenix area soon.

My wife being pretty new probably won't have much fun playing something with a lot of long par fours and I know she'd prefer something where losing discs is highly unlikely.

I would prefer easier courses that are still fun to play and 18+ holes.

Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks.

Vista is a park style course and even though it's known from The Memorial tournament I remember the normal layout being pretty newbie friendly. It's been 6-8 years since I played it tho.

The wife and I will be looking to play a few courses in the Phoenix area soon.

My wife being pretty new probably won't have much fun playing something with a lot of long par fours and I know she'd prefer something where losing discs is highly unlikely.

I would prefer easier courses that are still fun to play and 18+ holes.

Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks.

Los Olivos in Phoenix is a 9 hole course in a traditional city park that is easy to play. Zero chance of losing discs here.

Los Olivos in Phoenix is a 9 hole course in a traditional city park that is easy to play. Zero chance of losing discs here.

Thanks. We ( I ) generally prefer a full 18 hole course but I'll definitely look into it if it suits her game.

I am a little curious to see how I do at lower altitude. Hopefully my usual discs don't fly terribly different dropping 4K feet in elevation.

Check out Paseo Vista Recreation Area in Chandler, AZ. Super fun 18 hole course, beginner friendly but some interesting lines to keep any level of player engaged.

Latest posts