• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your interesting disc golf stories

DJBackhand

Bogey Member
I'm not sure if there's a thread out there like this, but if you've got any interesting stories, then I (and I'm sure everyone else) would love to hear them!

Here's my contribution to this.

A few years ago, I was practicing short throws to a portable basket in my side yard. My house was in a crowded neighborhood, so the front of the house obviously faced a two-lane road. I couldn't see whether or not cars were passing by until the last second because the houses around me blocked my view. I was throwing toward the road, but I was only throwing from about 50-60 feet. No worries, though. It's not like I was throwing drives. No danger, right?

Anyway, on one particular throw, I airmailed my Avair P&A. I'm talking about a full throw into the street. A truck just happened to be passing by at the time. The disc hit the top of the truck, and when it hit, the man honked his horn. You can imagine how scared I was! I didn't know what his reaction would be when I faced him. Thankfully, he was very nice about the whole thing. Needless to say, I didn't throw toward the street again.

heh. That brought up a memory.
Playing one of those endless 3 on 3 backyard Saturday football games. The neighbor guy from across the street
nervously interrupts our game. He had been edging his sidewalk and driveway with a gas power edger. Seems he hit a rock
or something which jammed the machine and caused it to seize up. Looks down to see the blade is missing.

We found the blade imbedded in the siding of the house behind our yard. It had flown about 30 feet down his driveway, across
the street, over a front yard, between two houses, across our backyard football field, across the neighbors back yard and
lodged in the neighbors' siding about 4 feet off the ground. Just missed going thru their back door.