• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Push Putter Looking for a Spin Putter

ILUVSMGS18

Just Another Disc Hoarder
So I recently found that I have an occasional pain in my elbow when I push putt (similar to pre-injury McBeth style) and as a result I would like to learn a spin putt, but I currently use Rhynos and JK Aviars, but they're too OS for me to start with. I'm looking for putter that would be a good place to start. It HAS TO BE CONCAVE and preferably beaded, but neutral to US in stability. I've tried several rounded putters (Judge, Wizard, P1x, Challenger, Ridge, and Whale) and they all felt horrible in the hand. I have a Nova, but it sticks to my hand too much. Ideally it would be easily available and in a DX/Pro style plastic.

Sounds like you're looking for a Yeti Aviar. I recently switched my putting style from push/ spush to spin. I putter the PW Wizard before and still do. They're flat and fill the hand out and as they wear they puddle top. I think I have heard of some runs of fossil being puddly but again you described a Yeti.

Another option is the Kastaplast Reko, the Berg is also very concave but not much glide and also overstable.

Another vote for the Reko. I like it in K3 plastic.

The Marshal in Classic plastic is also very good for spin putting.

Maybe I'm not understanding your requirements, but what about an atom?

Hmm, beaded and neutral/understable (and concave) is gonna be tricky. I've never seen a Reko but the first thing that came to my mind is a Banger GT. (Actually the first thing was an APX but it's got more of a Magnet/Aviar P&A rim than a bead)

The Element Plutonium is the RDG channel top and a Voodoo bottom but if you don't like Challenger, Ridge, etc feel you probably won't like it either. Plus it likes to be pushed rather than spun, low glide. The Focus is usually beaded and stable/understable but shaped a lot like a Wizard. I think maybe the Swan 2 is beaded? A Macana might be worth looking at, you can probably puddle top one easily.

I've also been converting to spin putting this year and I actually started out with a 150s Plasma Ion. I think it's really helped get the mechanics down smoothly, I've just gone up slowly in weight to make sure I keep getting clean spin on it.

Hmm, beaded and neutral/understable (and concave) is gonna be tricky. I've never seen a Reko but the first thing that came to my mind is a Banger GT. (Actually the first thing was an APX but it's got more of a Magnet/Aviar P&A rim than a bead)

The Element Plutonium is the RDG channel top and a Voodoo bottom but if you don't like Challenger, Ridge, etc feel you probably won't like it either. Plus it likes to be pushed rather than spun, low glide. The Focus is usually beaded and stable/understable but shaped a lot like a Wizard. I think maybe the Swan 2 is beaded? A Macana might be worth looking at, you can probably puddle top one easily.

I've also been converting to spin putting this year and I actually started out with a 150s Plasma Ion. I think it's really helped get the mechanics down smoothly, I've just gone up slowly in weight to make sure I keep getting clean spin on it.

I actually thought about thrashing an Electron Ion, but I'm weary of it flying 100' past the basket. At least someone understood my criteria, and thank you for explaining it better. I don't always type sensibly after 9:30.

Well, considering the K3 Reko I have is concave, beaded, baseline plastic, and flies like a floaty voodoo.. so pretty neutral.

I guess I completely missed your criteria as well

Well, considering the K3 Reko I have is concave, beaded, baseline plastic, and flies like a floaty voodoo.. so pretty neutral.

I guess I completely missed your criteria as well

I hadn't explored the Reko. I wasn't a big fan of the K3 Berg I had, so I was seeing if there was other suggestions. I was meaning more to explaining them fully for those that didn't understand what I was trying to say.

I hadn't explored the Reko. I wasn't a big fan of the K3 Berg I had, so I was seeing if there was other suggestions. I was meaning more to explaining them fully for those that didn't understand what I was trying to say.

Much as I want to like the Berg it didn't click with me either. Reko just flat out feels amazing. Still has a bead but is on the lower profile side of things, almost like a flatter puddle topped Voodoo.

In K3 they are still glidey at putting ranges, and are fairly straight under power still. I try to go for it further away than with more stable putters.

Yeti's are popular for what you want but I think they are a little too stable when fresh for what you want. K3 Reko is exactly how you want right out of the box.