• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommendations for Courses in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, an

LauraFreeman

My spouse and I are about to embark on a journey that will take us through western Ohio, the northern and eastern parts of Kentucky, eastern and slightly central Tennessee, northern Georgia, and western North Carolina and South Carolina. However, my opportunity to play disc golf will be somewhat constrained.

I'm seeking your advice on courses that fulfill the following criteria:

Offers an enjoyable playing experience.
Doesn't consume an excessive amount of time.
Lessens the chance of a recreational player like myself losing a disc.
I'd also like to mention that I'll only be able to carry three discs with me.

I appreciate any recommendations you could provide. Thank you in advance.

What are some comparable courses that you've already played, that meet this criteria? That would help to understand what you're looking for.

Timmons Park in Greenville, SC, is a very fun, rather short course. Some good elevation, and a creek that runs through it that, generally speaking, won't steal any discs.

I would suggest to use the "COURSES" tab at the top of the page. If you hover your mouse over it will show a drop down menu with 'BROWSE MAP'. Click that and it will bring up a map of the U S. Click on the map near your destinations and all the courses within a fixed area will show up. The 'baskets' which indicate the courses are color coded to let you know how many holes are on each course. Click on a "basket" and an info box appears. Click on the name of the course in the info box to take you to that courses page.

Good Luck, there are hundreds of courses that will meet your criteria in those areas.

I would suggest to use the "COURSES" tab at the top of the page. If you hover your mouse over it will show a drop down menu with 'BROWSE MAP'. Click that and it will bring up a map of the U S. Click on the map near your destinations and all the courses within a fixed area will show up. The 'baskets' which indicate the courses are color coded to let you know how many holes are on each course. Click on a "basket" and an info box appears. Click on the name of the course in the info box to take you to that courses page.

Good Luck, there are hundreds of courses that will meet your criteria in those areas.

well yes but then what would we have to argue over

North GA, check out; Westside, Edwards, Etowah, Gatewood or if you are more East check out Lake Russel, Meeks or Yargo.

My spouse and I are about to embark on a journey that will take us through western Ohio, the northern and eastern parts of Kentucky, eastern and slightly central Tennessee, northern Georgia, and western North Carolina and South Carolina. However, my opportunity to play disc golf will be somewhat constrained.

I'm seeking your advice on courses that fulfill the following criteria:

Offers an enjoyable playing experience.
Doesn't consume an excessive amount of time.
Lessens the chance of a recreational player like myself losing a disc.
I'd also like to mention that I'll only be able to carry three discs with me.

I appreciate any recommendations you could provide. Thank you in advance.

Welcome! I have not played very much around those areas but you might check out Echo Valley in Ohio (between Cincinnati and Dayton). It's a nice course in a pretty park. It's kind of long so you'll probably be over par (I was), but you aren't likely to lose a disc there.

Vineyard Cincinnati (near Cincinnati) might be a good fit for what you are looking for as well. Decent church course - there are a couple of water holes but you should be able to lay up off to the side to avoid them.

Hope that helps a tiny bit. It sounds like a fun trip - hope you and your spouse have a great time! :)

SW OH--Winton Woods, and agree with Vineyard--shorter course with nice variety, Gulley Park (bit out of the way, but fun shorter course). Echo Valley is awesome, but not exactly a quick play. :)
NE KY--nothing much really. Armco White in Ashland is a neat course, lots of elevation change.
NW KY--Lincoln Ridge is quite fun. Idlewild is NOT a quick play. But an awesome course.
E Central KY--Ironworks Hills--very nice shot variety.
Western OH--Urbana Hilltop, Handyman Ace and Buck Creek State Park are all solid, not too long, but fun with great variety.

All these can be played with 3 discs too.

If your looking for a couple quick courses to play within a hour of each other and are in safe communities in the Cincinnati Metro area, I would suggest Mason Sports Park in beautiful Mason, Ohio. Is a fun challenging 9 hole course near the Kings Island Amusement Park area and South Fork Park in Florence, KY. It's close to the Great Idlewild course in Northern KY. It's a 9 hole course and if you can throw straight you should be fine. Several fun holes here, I always try to play it when I'm in the area. Both of these courses have a creek to throw over, and really shouldn't be an issue. but if it is, you can always skip the hole. Watch your speed on I-71 in the Cincy area (usually heavily patrolled.)

Was recently in Louisville, KY and played Lapping Park several days in a row - really liked it - it's in a very mature woods and wasn't too long if you play the mixed (blue) tees. Planning to play there again a few times when we head back down that way for a wedding in a few weeks.

Latest posts