• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Iowa Park, TX

River's Edge DGC

3.55(based on 2 reviews)

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

Join the discussion about River's Edge DGC

Nathan's private course
Pros:

- Lots of well marked OB whether it's the par four hole 1 or an island hole, lots of trouble if not on the fairway
- Laminated tee signs at every hole show you distance and "rules" for the hole; OB, drop zones, etc.
- Excellent use of natural tunnel shots, moderate elevation changes including mounds, and interesting basket locations
- Love the mando where there is a rope tied across from the fence line to a tree which makes your disc stay under this section making you use the narrow fairway instead of throwing over it
- Some baskets are hanging from trees instead of being in the ground making some easier holes much harder when you're having to putt up at them
- Very aesthetically pleasing
- Nathan is a super guy and will give you all the information you need over text, very appreciative
- You are likely to be all alone here as it is in the middle of BFT (bum f**k Texas)
Cons:
- Hole 2's basket is on a slope right next to the river and a missed putt rolls into a moderately moving river; almost lost my 20 year old putter after hitting the basket and not seeing the river there at first glance. This basket could be moved in just 10 feet to avoid such a travesty as a missed putt that hit chains doesn't deserve you a lost disc
- Hole 1 is the only par 4 on the course and it is fairly easy at just over 500 feet. There is a nice tree bunker in the middle of this fairway and OB on the sides that is danger though.
- The course doesn't feel complete yet as there are 14 holes here which isn't a problem as number of holes don't matter but there are still holes being designed and built
Other:
This was my first course in Texas and really enjoyed playing this private course. The $5 course fee is well worth it in my estimation. I was in the middle of nowhere and Nathan sent me an address for the nearest bathroom. I found a disc of his and he was very grateful. If you're driving through or to Wichita Falls this is a fun private course where the only thing you'll here is the birds chirping.
Very cool that you got to play Nathans private course. I have been waiting for him to finish all 18 before I head up there to play it.