• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Road trip to Colorado Springs

azplaya25

Double Eagle Member
Family and I are headed out tomorrow, driving from Austin to Lubbock then the Colorado Springs area(Woodland Park). Been checking out U disc, looks like some pay to play courses near Woodland Park with mixed reviews. What courses would you recommend in the Colorado Springs area?

I'll take any golf I can get, but I definitely prefer tight, wooded courses over open, park style courses.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could help...I've hit just everything along the Front Range north of Castle Rock, and was going to start on the Springs in the next few weekends, but I haven't played there yet.

If you're able, Prickly Pines is probably the best Non-Mountain wooded course I've played on the Front Range. If you like tight wooded courses, it delivers .

Love Widefield. Not a mountain course but cool park. Aviary is a cool course too by the river.

McKenzie and May Simmions in Lubbock are both cool, and I've hear good things about one n Dalhart or Dumas, can't remember which one.

Serenity Pines in Woodland Park is worthy. Courses in the Springs are okay, nothing too exciting.

Played Serenity Pines 3 times...lots of fun and a great workout. Love the huge elevation changes, and hole 2 is just magnificent

Love Widefield. Not a mountain course but cool park. Aviary is a cool course too by the river.

McKenzie and May Simmions in Lubbock are both cool, and I've hear good things about one n Dalhart or Dumas, can't remember which one.

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't play in the springs it was 78 up in woodland park so spent my time up there. I've played both those courses in Lubbock and they are excellent. Can't imagine hearing anything good about Dalhart or Dumas lol

Played Serenity Pines 3 times...lots of fun and a great workout. Love the huge elevation changes, and hole 2 is just magnificent

Do you know if the $25 fee covers both Serenity Pines as well as Whispering Pines, or would it be $50 for the day to play both?

I only paid $10....maybe $25 is to play the ball golf course. The ball golf course opens to disc golfers after 3pm and apparently it's a beast. In fact I think it's called the beast lol

Do you know if the $25 fee covers both Serenity Pines as well as Whispering Pines, or would it be $50 for the day to play both?

If I remember right, it was only $10 if you didn't play the one on the golf course

I only paid $10....maybe $25 is to play the ball golf course. The ball golf course opens to disc golfers after 3pm and apparently it's a beast. In fact I think it's called the beast lol

In 2019, it was only $10.00 to play Whispering Pines and Serenity. After playing those two courses, I didn't have the energy left to play the bolf DG course at 3:00.

Latest posts