• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shorten the last stride

Kjimsern

Par Member
Ive been comparing my form to ab's we have similar builds, i noticed he has a shorter last step
(stride).

I'm wondering if the benefits might be a more coiled hip/buttwipe.

I also wonder if it adds more crush the can to the whole thing.

Here you can see the difference.

IMG_6829.pngIMG_6827.png

Hard to tell much from a still. There's tradeoffs to different stances.
If you bring more speed into the throw, you will have a wider stance.
If you have more flexible hips you can get into a wider stance.
A narrow stance will rotate faster.
A wider stance gives you more stability.

Last edited:
Hard to tell much from a still. There's tradeoffs to different stances.
If you bring more speed into the throw, you will have a wider stance.
If you have more flexible hips you can get into a wider stance.
A narrow stance will rotate faster.
A wider stance gives you more stability.
Is that true for all players regarding the wide stance = more stability? Or could it be dependent on other factors like genetics, body composition, training background, and strength/balance?
I feel more stability with a narrow stance, closer to Gibson if I had to compare. I noticed that my deadlift stance was more narrow than other competitors when I competed in PL events.
I also view it like when I am in an athletic stance aka triple threat position, I wouldn't get into a super wide stance.

Is that true for all players regarding the wide stance = more stability? Or could it be dependent on other factors like genetics, body composition, training background, and strength/balance?
I feel more stability with a narrow stance, closer to Gibson if I had to compare. I noticed that my deadlift stance was more narrow than other competitors when I competed in PL events.
I also view it like when I am in an athletic stance aka triple threat position, I wouldn't get into a super wide stance.
1. Stability does not = athletic. Stability is the opposite concept of quickness. Immoveable Horse Stance vs Athletic Triple Threat Stance.

2. A wider stance will give you more stability to maintain a balanced condition resisting against disruptive forces.

3. If you get into too narrow stance, then you have zero or little stability. So there must be some compromise between the extremes to be athletic.

1. Stability does not = athletic. Stability is the opposite concept of quickness. Immoveable Horse Stance vs Athletic Triple Threat Stance.

2. A wider stance will give you more stability to maintain a balanced condition resisting against disruptive forces.

3. If you get into too narrow stance, then you have zero or little stability. So there must be some compromise between the extremes to be athletic.

Thanks for that clarification! That makes sense.

Latest posts