• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sign this Petition to Save Ryan Ranch DGC in Monterey, CA

JHern

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
This area was a dumping ground before the disc golfers came along and cleaned it up, and transformed it into a world class venue that was part of the 2011 Pro World Championship. The City of Monterey is incredibly lucky to have citizens who care so much about public spaces, and willing to put this kind of effort into making a valuable recreational venue for everyone to enjoy.

Especially in these cash-strapped times, the city should be encouraging and cheering these Jellies as model citizens, and giving them awards. I'm am extremely puzzled about why the city would try to kick them out this way, the people of Monterey need to know this story and hold their city staff accountable for their actions.

Please take a second to sign this petition, each signature helps! Even if you are out of town, you can mention that it is a tourist attraction and you'd love to visit Monterey to play the course and go shopping/eating in the local businesses.

http://chng.it/b4bL9hztmF

This is a tragic situation.

As John stated above, a neglected piece of property until about 11 years ago, turned into a beautiful disc golf course by an army of volunteers, major mowing, etc required each year.

More than 400 rounds a week played there, you rarely see any trash on the ground, etc.

A place of solace and recreation for so many, locals as well as visitors.

You see families out there, even grandparents.

I played a round at Ryan Ranch back in '09. Great course! I signed the petition. Good luck JHern!

Where in Monterey is this? The only course I've ever seen around there was over by Del Monte shopping center, down around a creek.

I got poison oak pretty bad there once.:gross:

Are they still trying to build a solar ranch on the site?

Getting rid of a well loved and used green space for that doesn't seem the best idea. I signed the petition. Fingers crossed.

Where in Monterey is this? The only course I've ever seen around there was over by Del Monte shopping center, down around a creek.

I got poison oak pretty bad there once.:gross:

Around 2008 the course near the shopping center went in, and just about the time it finished getting installed, we got Ryan Ranch, which is 5 miles inland, the eastern edge of the greater City of Monterey, once we got that, nobody ever looked back at the shopping center course, what was left of it was pulled when the original order to pull both courses went down.