• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Signage and Wayfinding—Examples and Sources

jupiterboy

Eagle Member
I was recently reading a local thread on FB where a guy was working on a course and was asking for help with signage. I've done this sort of work before, although I primarily work on books, and I like the science bit of it where you consider distance and speed equations to make navigating a highway, subway, parking area, whatever more efficient and frictionless.

I decided to throw a prototype design his way in hopes of winning a basket, so I started looking around at the various packages and also looking for better design examples. Some were way too busy and low contrast. Others were very minimal.

If you have signage that you like on a local course, please post pics. If you have a good source for design, post links.

This is what I offered him. Various logos are mandatory because of the park and donors for the course. I considered adding metric. I wonder how well the 4-color vinyl stands up over time and how much vandalism is an issue.

193696597-375526760557414-3433849338032337632-n.png

Ok, now I found the thread AFTER posting this. Please delete this thread mods, sry.

Latest posts