• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Silicon Valley/Santa Cruz/SF March 29-30-31

12StonesScott

Eagle Member
Gonna stay over in CA next weekend after flying back and forth every weekend since the beginning of Feb. My son's going to fly out to San Jose on Thursday night. Friday, he wants to hit the company store at Apple and we'll probably do the Computer Museum also. We're staying in Cupertino Thursday and Friday night. My plan was to hit DeLaveaga on Saturday, and possibly another course in the area on our way back north. Saturday evening we'll drop off the rental car at SFO and take BART back into SF. Staying at the Drake in Union Square Sat and Sun nights. May try to hit Golden Gate on Sunday, depending on what else we decide to do in the city.

So my questions are:

1. If we decide we have time and feel like getting a round in Friday afternoon after the Computer Museum, is there someplace close enough to Mountain View that would be worth playing and that wouldn't be in a sketchy area if it's close to dark by the time we're done?
  2. If we hit De La in the morning on Saturday, what would be the best option for someplace else to play mid-to-late afternoon on our way back to SFO?
  3. Anything non-disc-golf-related you'd recommend adding to the itinerary for a 16-year-old semi-Aspergerish kid who's into computers, graphic design, etc.?

1. Traffic pending, you can run over to Hellyer or Parque De La Raza. Both very fun 9 holers right next door to each other, and very different from one another. Nothing sketchy about the area.

2. Black Mouse is a blast. It's sorta on your way back from Dela. If you're not time constrained getting the rental car back, try it out! It's a lot of fun! I would also rec Pinto Lake but that's the wrong way to SF...

3. If I was not playing disc, in the same area, I'd be climbing mountains on my bike. :D

Happy trails! :thmbup:

Latest posts