• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So Cal - Official Grand Opening - Prado DGC

bazillion

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Prado DGC will officially celebrate its Grand Opening this Saturday, March 13.

Here's the annoucement from the PDGA site:

Thank you to all the volunteers that helped with the installation of 18 new tee pads at Prado Regional Park. In addition to the new 18 concrete tees, there are now tee signs on all the holes.

Everything is coming together for the grand opening this Saturday, March 13. The official ceremony starts at 10:00am with speeches and presentations from county officials. There will be a demonstration at 10:30 followed by open play on Southern California's newest 18 hole disc golf course. Players will receive a free custom stamped disc (while supplies last). There will be a live band and drinks & hot dogs will be for sale.

The course is already open for play, no need to wait until Saturday.

FYI, Prado Regional Park charges a $7.00 per car entry fee Monday -Friday and $10.00 entry fee on weekends and holidays. Here is link to the PDGA Course Directory listing: http://www.pdga.com/course_directory/course/prado-regional-park-dgc

(source URL = http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=33505)

woot woot! ill be there. i bet brophy and a couple other team innova pros will be there. ima gonna get there early!

Good turnout, water does play and I lost 1 disc but in searching for mine found 2. Lost is a misprint orange avenger, found is a champion orc and a KC pro Aviar. Ink on the Aviar and I have already left a message for the owner. Orc has no ink so I am even maybe even ahead. Overshot basket and it gets real deep in the reeds. I watched many disc get lost today, and saw some great drives. We started at 10am and wind picked up by the time we were on 16. I'll definitely go again, family friendly nice surroundings.

yeah it was fun! what happened to the demo they were supposed to do though? we got there around 8 and got a round in before the crowd. and i won a 164 dx wraith in the raffle, in addition to the dx skeeter they were giving out!

btw they had a ton of those giveaways left over and suzette told me they would be at the booth where you pay for parking. if you want one, all you have to do is ask.;)

a couple shots of the action today:

picture.php

Brian and Evan watching the action

picture.php

Dunipace driving

picture.php

Suzette dishin out plastic

picture.php

Getting prepared for the raffle​

i won a 164 dx wraith!!! woo hoo!!!

Those turkey vultures were CRAZY and really huge. At one point they were cruisin at like 600 feet. I wouldn't want to be injured and alone out there...:p

I was actually quite pleased that it was rather close to the O.C.- it is pretty quick on the 91 to the 71 getting there. I did hit some traffic on the way back though... damn that 91:doh:

Had a great time out at Prado today. The people in charge of making that course what it is are pretty amazing. One of the guys we talked to said "We were asking for suggestions, and a lot of people wanted tee pads and signs. So we made some tee pads and signs." How awesome is that.

Anyway, great vibe, good people, cant wait to go back out there!

I just love reading the errors in articles about disc golf courses from dimwit reporters who don't know anything about disc golf, or geometry for that matter.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_ngolf11.47b39f4.html

The San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department will celebrate the opening of a 5,781-square-foot, 18-hole course Saturday.

Square feet? You mean all 18 holes fit into a 76' x 76' area?

Laughable media goofs aside, looks like you So Cal'ers have a cool new place to sling some plastic.
Awesomesauce.

youve played every day for the past 30 years.

dave dunipace is the co-founder and prez or innova for those of you who dont know.:thmbup:

hee hee it mustve slipped my mind. seemed an amiable dude though, at least for the 30 seconds i was talking to him.:)

Finally played Prado today, and enjoyed it! I had a deaf tournament out there. Putting killed my first round, the wind killed my 2nd round. I still had a heck of a time! The water played mind games but it wasn't that bad.

Latest posts