• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Straight Putters

Yea, I just got an APX, they are supposed to go straight, so I will have to see what happens.

I have an APX and I just went out today and practiced my putting more. I haven't used it much lately and I think I found my putter. I seemed to be dead on with it. I think I would hold off on getting a wizard and just get another APX so that I have another to use for practice.

Well, with everything I have tried, I keep coming back to my old Pro D Magnet. That one just feels the best in my hand, and hits the chains more often then all the rest. I have done lots of field testing with my basket, and the Magnet keeps coming out on top. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I ordered a super soft wizard yesterday, I'll report back with a review once I try it out.
Thanks. I am interested to know what they are like. I wish a store around me carried them but they all carry strictly Innova Discs. That normally doesn't bother me since I am Innova guy but it doesn't help me in this situation. :)

My initial impression of the super soft Wizard:

• It feels absolutely perfect in my hand.
  • The plastic is extremely grippy, much more so than any Discraft/Innova plastic. Initially I was worried that it was too grippy and would affect my shot by "sticking" to my fingers as I released the disc, but I got clean consistent releases on every putt.
  • Did not "slip" on me at all, which is a major problem I have with my DX Aviar and to a lesser extent with my KC Pro Aviar.
  • Was sailing on me a bit, but as I get more used to it and possibly add a heavier wizard for windy conditions I don't think it will be a problem.
  • Even at 169 grams the disc bites the ground and stays there, which is precisely what I wanted out of it.

For me, the aviar and the sonic go perfectly straight when i'm within about 30 feet. Beyond that, I have to put more juice on the throw, and they tend to turn more... so i use a rhyno. Depends on how you throw I guess!

Latest posts