• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Disc Golf Guy - Vlog #249 - Intro to Disc Golf Collecting 101

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer

Published on Dec 15, 2014

When it comes to the history and collecting of disc golf very few people are more knowledgeable and involved then our 1988 PDGA World Champion, John Ahart.

I had the honor and privilege of playing a round with Ahart and other amazing locals at the famous La Mirada Disc Golf Course in Southern California. Afterward he provided some amazing background and insight into the world of collecting disc golf discs and memorabilia.

Please support those who support me and my video blogging efforts:

http://www.legacydiscs.com
http://www.patreon.com/thediscgolfguy

i couldnt watch the whole thing. did you see the disc golf guru look at the camera with a twinkle in his eye and slightly laughing when the dude was getting aroused over a the midnight flyers or aviars. cant remember which. its probably all brittle it would crack if you threw it. now its purpose is only art and a piece of history

Its a interesting hobby collecting discs. There are so many varieties and versions that it makes it fun. Not everyone is into it, I get that. I just recently go into it even though I have been throwing for many decades. I guess I always felt discs were meant to be thrown, not put on a wall and posted on social media. The thing that I am noticing is the saturation of the market is forcing the prices of all but the rarest discs to go down. Unless your in the legacy collectors group which every new rainbow / flag / first run numbered disc is skyrocketing. Collect what you think looks cool and maybe not worry how much something is worth now. Its always worth whatever someone is willing to pay at that moment.

Latest posts