• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thirtydirtybirds’ end of the world bag

thirtydirtybirds

Double Eagle Member
Over the course of the coronapocalypse I have definitely seen a change in my bag. I downsized first one, dropped to speed 9 and slower for 90% of rounds (which hasn't been a lot), and added in some new stuff. So here it is.

Drivers:
Sexton Firebird, 7/10
Start roadrunner, older Barsby tour run, 8/10
Star eagle X, 8/10
Glow QJLS, 9/10
11x Eagle L, 6/10

Mids:
KC Roc, 9/10
DX Roc, 7/10
K1 Svea, 10/10

Putters:
Jawbreaker zone, 8/10
Colorglow Rhyno, 9/10
Throw in the dark aviar, 4/10
Classic aviar x2, 8/10

On occasion I'll throw a 7/10 Sirius scorpius in there if I know there is a long forehand hole where I am playing, but I've been trying to speed 9 and below. I've got a kastaplast lots coming and going to test it against the roadrunner, which is a pretty stable disc. I had a hatchet a while ago I have been missing, so I may try to trade for a new one, or try to trade for a Falk to try.

Overall I think I am playing better. Less choices for o make, every reasonable line covered, and it's a much more reasonable representation of my arm speed. I think I'm going to bail on 90% of my disc stash and just keep this bag and a backup or two for each. Trying to just worry about playing and not discs.

Dg your bag! That eagle L in dx or champ? Flippy?

11x champ. Enough flip to do fun stuff, but not enough to be wild. Been my go to work horse for some time now. After I got a couple seasoned backups and a fresh backup I started getting slightly reckless with it, and only found it to be reliable in any situation. Haven't needed the backups yet.

Jawbreaker zone is out and a TI zone is in. The jawbreaker took a nasty tree hit and formed a bit of a crease in the flight plate which bothers me a bit. Gonna try this fancy zone and see what happens.

Roadrunner is out and falk is in. Got it in the same trade that I got the zone. Only field tested it a couple times, but it's doing what I want the RR to beat in to do. Gonna give it a couple rounds and see what's up.

Lots is also in. Like a better OLS for me. I lost my good OLS a while ago and never replaced it. This thing flies just like it, but more glide, and less touchy. Also can take some firm forehand power without getting squirrelly.

I have also been contemplating the eventual reality that my favorite disc in the bag, the beat to silly Throw in the Dark "putter" , which I am fairly certain was a small bead aviar that the bead has worn off of years ago, will die. So I have been exploring some options there as well. I may preemptively retire it, but a soft swan 1 reborn that was in my practice stack is pretty close in flight and feel. I guess a really thrashed omega might be a good option also.

Also did some trading around and scored an older grip C series bag. It's perfect for my tall frame, and holds just the right amount of discs.

Mixing it up a little.
Putters:
2x classic aviars. Putting and straight upshots
Colorglow rhyno. Overstable, headwinds, upshots that need to stick.
Throw in the dark small bead aviar. Beat to hell, understable, inside out turnover disc.
*maybe* TI zone. Testing it out, but probably too overstable for my taste

Mids:
Champ "rings" Roc. Overstable, low glide, reliable
DX Roc. Standard #4 Roc.
K1 svea. Does #2/3 Roc stuff, but with absurd glide.

Drivers:
11x eagle L 6/10. Flippy stuff. Great disc
11x eagle L fresh. Straight to fade, anny that flattens out.
Champ eagle x 7/10. Softer gummy champ. Nice s curves, a real line shaper.
Champ eagle x stuff and fresh. Overstable, nice FH driver

Distance:
K1 lots. Really straight and long. Good glide.
K1 falk. Flippy, downwind, glide machine.
Sexton Firebird. Firebird stuff, overstable, hard forehands. This one is pretty worked in and has just a hair of turn but very predictable.
1.9 Barsby scorpius. Pretty much forehand only. I don't have the backhand for this, but I was missing the long forehand driver. I have a better forehand than backhand, might as well use it. Pretty fresh, but not too OS. I can hit 375-400' now with it. Maybe taking a break was a good thing?

The only real difference between the speed 9 and eagle slot is about 30' for me. Sometimes I need that extra 30' so it's nice to keep the diversity. The lots may not make it in the bag, though it's a great disc. The falk has a better shot as it's a fairly unique disc. The Eagles never leave, just rotate for other Eagles.