• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throwing with noobs and finding discs!

Flyguy46

Par Member
Premium Member
I was able to get out this morning and go throw with a total noob. I truly think it was one of the best rounds of disc I have had in a long time. This was truly one of the most casual rounds I have had in a long time and I found it super enjoyable.

It took us 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete the full 18. But, it was great fun to be able to share my limited tips with JP and watch him improve his game with each throw and putt. I am not the best person to be taking throwing advice from as I am still in the process of returning to disc golf myself after a big break (in more ways than one!). Anyway, I had a great time out throwing and really taking my time playing.

Typically, I can run a full 18 in 45 minutes to an hour. Taking more time and playing slowrer definitely made me enjoy my time on the course even more.

After completing that round, JP had to head out. I made the decision to play a solo round or not. Guess what I did? :D Iplayed a solo and made the decision to play only three discs out of my bag. I went with my Dynamic Discs Evader, Dynamic Discs Truth, and the Dynamic Discs EMac Judge.

Holy nutballs Batman! My round was off the hook. I was getting amazing distance and amazing disc placement. I was able to realize an increasingly impressive parking of discs at two throws and parring holes I had never gotten par on before. Pretty darn awesome all things considered.

I did have one throw that really was not good at all! I went searching for my disc as I only had the one bagged, (that won't happen again! I went and purchased a second disc this afternoon! :clap:)

Anyway, while searching for my disc, I came on a disc buried in the grass. Iam pretty sure it had only been thrown a few times. The disc did have a name and phone number on it. I texted the number and let them know Ifound the disc and took it to the local disc shop for pickup later.

All in all a good day!

That's a great story!

Iplayed a solo and made the decision to play only three discs out of my bag. I went with my Dynamic Discs Evader, Dynamic Discs Truth, and the Dynamic Discs EMac Judge.

Holy nutballs Batman! My round was off the hook. I was getting amazing distance and amazing disc placement. I was able to realize an increasingly impressive parking of discs at two throws and parring holes I had never gotten par on before. Pretty darn awesome all things considered.

This is a phenomen other people have experienced as well: Play with only three discs in your hand and have a great round. Welcome to the ``I carry my discs in my hand'' group:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/group.php?groupid=353