• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tracking my efforts toward 400 ft

dmadill001

Background: Playing 2.5 years, average 300 ft, 330 max with RHBH Saint, Thunderbird. Recently got a tripod to be able to see all the things I'm not doing that I thought I was. (Turns out I don't look exactly like McBeth when I throw, contrary to the image I had in my head.) I'd like to start this thread as a journal of sorts to upload form checks when I practice and get feedback. Any suggestions are always welcome.

First Form Check

My Observations: Feel free to correct me on any of these. Would also love advice on which to prioritize because I tend to get overwhelmed with fixing too many things at once.

-Hips turn back too far
-Too big last step
-Reachback too high then dip into "power pocket" then release upwards/nose up

Last time out I was focused on the second and third, but I noticed the hip thing when I went to upload this video. I thought I was getting my hips engaged in a good way but then I saw the classic Paul/Will/Jerm/Feldberg slomo video and my hips turn way too far back compared to theirs. I will work on this next time unless anyone has better suggestions.

Thanks!

PS can someone show me how to make the youtube video pop up automatically in the post? I tried the YouTube tags button but the preview post said "playback error." Is that because I made the link unlisted?

You are trying to fire your rear hip too late after plant, needs to fire before you plant fully to shift everything into the heel planting. Need to lead the stride into plant with the hips first and the front leg catching up and swinging ahead into the plant. Your front foot is leading your stride/stepping ahead and then trying to push the hips after it.

You are also leaning away from target going into x-step, instead of leaning forward and athletic. Leaning away also causes your front foot to lead the stride instead of your hips.

Also need to get your rear arm in front of your body instead of behind your back and dragging behind everything.

Latest posts