• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"very" portable basked recommendations

I've got a Mach Lite and modded the chains (it doesn't impair the folding at all). Sets up in less than a minute, catches fine, fits in my trunk, and still weighs less than my bowling gear, if I want to walk out to the HS practice fields with it.
Bowling equipment can be pretty heavy. :\

i own a skillshot. and i can tell you that i regret the purchase. the fabric tears. theyre pieces of ****. oh yeah its not even more than 6 months old

i own a skillshot. and i can tell you that i regret the purchase. the fabric tears. theyre pieces of ****. oh yeah its not even more than 6 months old

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I love the idea of it - smaller catching area and it does catch well - but I'm on my second set of skins and now these are tearing also. It is smaller than the mach lite though for travelling, but I would not buy a second one.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I love the idea of it - smaller catching area and it does catch well - but I'm on my second set of skins and now these are tearing also. It is smaller than the mach lite though for travelling, but I would not buy a second one.

it does the job, but i think there is plenty of others out there that would do the job better. just my two cents. i havent owned any others though

That's an advantage of the mach lite. The fabric is more durable than the other foldable baskets, my two are 3.5 and 4.5 years old and the fabric looks like new. My only complaint is that they riveted the bottom legs instead of using a fastener that can be tightened with household tools and they tend to loosen over time, but that's not the biggest deal. It's only annoying when you're carrying the basket around while set up.

I got a Traveler in December and I've been super happy with it. It's incredibly light and portable - just sling it over your shoulder! - and sets up in seconds. For what it is, I think it catches pretty well, too. After putting on it conventional baskets seem huge. I can't compare it to the others since I've no experience with them, but I couldn't imagine a more travel-friendly, convenient practice basket.

I know that people don't like the Skillshot much but I wanted to throw this out there. I feel that practicing putting on a Skillshot helps you when you play "regular" baskets. The vertical chain area feels smaller than most baskets. When I go from a Skillshot to a course with Machs the catching area looks huge.

Since OP is using it for actual temp holes then it's a judgment call based on what you want to use it for most.

really? i felt that it was bigger. i actually used a shoe lace to band together the bottom of the chains. to act as a makeshift ring down there, make it more of the swooping chain style, rather than complete vertical hanging chains.

i felt that after the shoelace trick, it became much more like a real basket. just my opinion and could vary

i think i do typically have mach 3s at my local course. those seem smaller than the skillshot. the innova bogey band ones seem bigger compared to my skillshot.

Bottom line is the traveler is much better if you plan on moving the basket frequently throughout the day. The Mach Lite is better if you're setting it up in the same spot for a few hours at a time.

SW22 is right about the Mach Lite safety pin. Mine fell out from a putters hitting it frequently and I eventually lost it. So i replaced it with a 2.5" long bolt and nut i had in the bottom of my tool box.

Thanks again. Looks like I am leaning towards the Innova DISCatcher Traveler.

For our trip it looks like I may have to hike with it to an open area by a stream that is down & back up a steep narrow trail. Hence the need to be small & light.