• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] What's the difference between the Pursuit and the Badger?

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
The specs are nearly identical, like spooky close. However, the rim profiles are dramatically different. Just received Icon and Pinnacle Pursuits but also a Grinder Icon Badger because I had to check the difference. Well, based on the rim profiles, a ton! The Badger in particular is pretty wild looking. What's the deal with these fraternal twins? They both feel great, haven't thrown them yet.

Another question for you Legacy connesuers, what are some softer mold/plastic/run combinations that are good for winter play in the 20-40 degree range? Winter has struck Northern Nevada and while I love the stiffness of my Legacy discs, many don't mix well with the cold, especially Pinnacle. On a possibly related note, I have never touched Legend plastic. Have only touched (I own these) Icon, Pinnacle, Honey Bee Pinnacle, the Drew Gibson Pinnacle blend, Sparkle Legend, the Lions Rage Pinnacle blend, and Glow. The softest I've felt is the Icon Gauge I just received also. My other Icons are stiffer. What's good in the cold?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027_151333.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027_151333.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20221027_143032.jpg
    20221027_143032.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221027_143115.jpg
    20221027_143115.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 24
No disrespect but that Badger side profile looks upsetting lol...I've thrown the Pursuit but can't make a comparison for you a la no Badger.

I'm Philly area so similar latitude, I'd say if premium Legacy is too stiff in the cold for you then check out the base ones Excel/Protege/Gravity (soft Protege basically). Otherwise suck it up or throw different molds in the winter.

Good luck!

No disrespect but that Badger side profile looks upsetting lol...I've thrown the Pursuit but can't make a comparison for you a la no Badger.

I'm Philly area so similar latitude, I'd say if premium Legacy is too stiff in the cold for you then check out the base ones Excel/Protege/Gravity (soft Protege basically). Otherwise suck it up or throw different molds in the winter.

Good luck!

Yeah I mean it's a grinder so maybe that's why it looks odd!?!? It feels fine though!

I'm loaded with GStar and Pro. I have plenty of winter discs, but I don't want to put my Legacy to the side for a couple months. We're just getting to know each other! Definitely will look into Gravity.

Last edited:

Latest posts