• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is that daggum course? aka TGFG (Thank God for Google)

some call me...tim?

Double Eagle Member
I mentioned something about importing course locations into Google Earth in California Courses thread, but hadn't actually tried it yet. Well, thanks to boredom, curiosity, and some downtime at work, I just gave it a whirl, and wow, is this ever cool! Rather than hide it in the previous thread, I figured I'd start a new one so it'd be easy to find later on. This should be an invaluable tool for anyone looking to go on a DG roadtrip or looking for a course when visiting a foreign location.

Check it out here: http://discgolffusion.com/GoogleEarth/index.htm

There's also a Google Maps page there, but the Google Earth utility is far superior, as you can get directions to and from the different courses. Very cool stuff.

Wow! Thanks Timbuktwhom! That IS a useful tool!
It may need a bit more work though. Looking at our local courses I noticed that White River and Crystal Mountain are both mis-located.

Hah, you're right...I haven't been to Crystal Mountain so can't really tell, but White River is definitely off. I'll email him the proper coordinates when I'm back home and can see my own placemarks.

That's a very cool idea. It's also very nice, because you can submit a revision for your course as long as you've got a GPS. The picture on that page has a picture of the course, as well as tee/pin locations and distances. I would imagine that he's using the pdga directory to find all of these courses, and I'd imagine that some of them are wrong. I'll probably take my GPS and do the 3 courses around me during springtime.

The ones with red dots have tee/pin locations and distances. Green dots have an hypertext link to course pictures.