• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ypsi/A2 Michigan peeps with no Easter morning plans?

My only thought upon discovering this thread is..... You've never played RH before?

I understand that its hard to get to every single course in the region. And I'm sure there are a few within a few hours that are good that I'm remiss in missing. But my brain is still like "WTF mate?"

I played it once, my first year or two golfing. So like, 19-20 years ago. I was like Gandalf...

gandalf-i-have-no-memory-of-this-place.gif

I wasn't gonna let myself play my first tournament ever in the women's divisions, playing like crap - so I went and learned it on a nice dry day!

Should be really useful when it rains on Sunday... :D

Yeah I'm def aware that my reaction is very much a disconnect between my perception and reality. Mostly because I'm in a black hole for disc golf. The nearest 4 star+ that I haven't played is Laingsburg, MI - Pine Hills Golf Course. That is the 18th rated of 18 4-star or higher courses within 100 miles of me.

Of course that course is only a single 1 star rating from being a 2.5 star course. Lol.

Most interesting thing I learned from this dive in courses near me - the kids camp that booted me in 6th grade for being too annoying to handle has a 9er now. I'll have to go play it. Two loops and I'll have spent almost as much time there as I did in the 6th grade.

Michindoh?

That 9er has been there for a hot minute. Unless maybe it's been redesigned.

Just looked. 2005

That 9er has been there for a hot minute. Unless maybe it's been redesigned.

Just looked. 2005
LOL. The year I started playing. I guess I just don't include 9 hole courses on my search often enough! I'm sure at some point I probably noticed it and just plum forgot.

Yeah, it's hard to find any FA1/FPO scores at Rolling Hills. Looking at past tournament results, it feels like we had those divisions just spring up in the last year...

Closest I could find to the same layout and score was an MA2 round from last year, and I still had to do math to get the rating for a 50. Looks like it's 925. Not sure if that gets extra math being in an F vs an M division, though...

Looks like you had a good day. Nice shooting.

Looks like you had a good day. Nice shooting.

hahahahah no that was quite a bad day. Below my rating. :gross:

My practice round the weekend prior was -4 with 2 bogies. All day yesterday I had the putting-yips. The double bogey first round was the scramble to recover from a late release on my drive, but the rest of the bogeys other than 4 the first round (which was another scramble...that stupid little tree right of middle - another late release) were all missed putts or splash outs... :doh::wall:

I earned a berth, so I accomplished one of my season goals on the first day out, so there was at least a silver lining (in addition to the really pretty discs I managed to snag thanks to Felicia being generous and giving her split of the winnings to me :D). Fortunately, I hadn't even remembered there were berths being given out yesterday, so I didn't have that weighing on my mind during my rounds. That would've been... :thmbdown: