• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"The Method" by Brian Weissman

The problem with methods, theories and all that stuff is. Well.

Doesn't matter.

You have to push with the cock you got so they say.

... Though I'm not sure what women are supposed to do in that scenario.

Everyone is built different, everyone is going to throw different, their flexibility will only go so far, they can only loose so much weight they can only do and get as far as THEY are willing to put the time into.

Hence my comment about Bearbite. That dude has lost weight disc golfing for starters. But... He crushes. Dude would murder almost all of us in here on the course throwing upside down tilts.

And we want to sit here and discuss something like "oh mobility and strength training are way more important."

Nah. What's important is learning your body and what its capable of, and applying a great attitude on top of it to achieve success.

So while all these threads and tests are cool on random weird finger grips, they ignore the key point, That doesn't work for everyone, you have to help people build what works for THEIR body, not yours.
All these theories. Cool story. It's not going to work for everyone. Just like this weird ass method of throwing isn't going to work for 99% of people out there.

People need to stop building systems off of themselves, and start building systems and theories on what they can build with others.

So your tech disc data means nothing to me, cause its you throwing it.
Your method means nothing to me because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for any of my students, especially with as aggressive as it is.

What does work is me building a plan with each of my individual students based around their mobility and athletic nature and growing from there.

How it works in other sports doesn't necessarily fit the bill here in disc golf, and that's what makes it so unique from a teaching perspective.

I can just teach you the natural golf method in ball golf and have you playing decent golf in 30 minutes. (minus putting)

30 mins of teaching in disc golf and you're... doing something. Depending on your current athletic ability. There is just to many overall factors to make it easy. then we make it harder with all this other silliness.

We spend way to much time working on theories vs trying to work together to come up with real proven solutions where you can walk up to anyone struggling and go "this is the best way to figure this part out for you." and they immediately improve.

That's why my grip thing isn't out yet. I'm still working on it with random folks on the course. And I'm watching it work for them immediately. I'm not making up random numbers and putting them on my hand, or doing this other weird stuff. I'm looking at actual real people use a technique to find their grip that works with their body so they can throw better.

The problem with methods, theories and all that stuff is. Well.

Doesn't matter.

You have to push with the cock you got so they say.

... Though I'm not sure what women are supposed to do in that scenario.

Everyone is built different, everyone is going to throw different, their flexibility will only go so far, they can only loose so much weight they can only do and get as far as THEY are willing to put the time into.

Hence my comment about Bearbite. That dude has lost weight disc golfing for starters. But... He crushes. Dude would murder almost all of us in here on the course throwing upside down tilts.

And we want to sit here and discuss something like "oh mobility and strength training are way more important."

Nah. What's important is learning your body and what its capable of, and applying a great attitude on top of it to achieve success.

So while all these threads and tests are cool on random weird finger grips, they ignore the key point, That doesn't work for everyone, you have to help people build what works for THEIR body, not yours.
All these theories. Cool story. It's not going to work for everyone. Just like this weird ass method of throwing isn't going to work for 99% of people out there.

People need to stop building systems off of themselves, and start building systems and theories on what they can build with others.

So your tech disc data means nothing to me, cause its you throwing it.
Your method means nothing to me because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for any of my students, especially with as aggressive as it is.

What does work is me building a plan with each of my individual students based around their mobility and athletic nature and growing from there.

How it works in other sports doesn't necessarily fit the bill here in disc golf, and that's what makes it so unique from a teaching perspective.

I can just teach you the natural golf method in ball golf and have you playing decent golf in 30 minutes. (minus putting)

30 mins of teaching in disc golf and you're... doing something. Depending on your current athletic ability. There is just to many overall factors to make it easy. then we make it harder with all this other silliness.

We spend way to much time working on theories vs trying to work together to come up with real proven solutions where you can walk up to anyone struggling and go "this is the best way to figure this part out for you." and they immediately improve.

That's why my grip thing isn't out yet. I'm still working on it with random folks on the course. And I'm watching it work for them immediately. I'm not making up random numbers and putting them on my hand, or doing this other weird stuff. I'm looking at actual real people use a technique to find their grip that works with their body so they can throw better.
I think it's great and healthy in the long run for people to be interested all the way from the deepest level of theory to the simplest of teaching tools and ideas.

If we're saying that different people will do each of those things to different degrees and everywhere in between for the sake of progress, I'm the first to rush to agree in the same way that I will always encourage people to talk it out, compare and contrast, and show and share.

Would probably solve a lot of problems, disc golf or otherwise.

Latest posts