• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 disc Junk Tournament

Joggernaut

So as a former Magic the Gathering player we used to hold junk tournaments. You would build a deck with your crap cards you didn't use, everyone brings a deck with them, and then the decks get passed out randomly to each player. So the trick is you had to make a deck that was playable, not too good but one
that you could in theory use if you drew your own deck.

So the application here would be to hold a Junk Brown Bag Tournament.
Everyone brings in 4 discs, a Putter, a Mid, A Fairway Driver, and a Distance Driver. These would of course be your crap that you don't throw anymore. They would of course have to be in playable condition, basically anything you
can't sell to Play It Again Sports for 2 bucks wouldn't count.

So 3 part question...

1: What 4 discs would you personally bring and why?

2: What 4 discs would be the worst possible for you to get?

3: What 4 discs would be the best?

ok here is mine...

1: Birdie (its a brick..but it was my first putter),
Wolf (No glide, understable as hell, but I can actually hyzer flip it for surprising distance, so if I drew it i might be able to do something with it.)
Archangel (its beat so its even more under stable and it does not flip up reliably)
Groove (I bought 2 grooves as a total noob (still a noob) and each of them are completely different, the one i would brown bag is my one that is super overstable, the other one is actually the specified flight rating)

2: Ching JuJu (its bumpy...)
Wolf (still sucks...)
Any Lightning Fairway driver...
Groove (or an Ape...I just can't work that meat hook...)

3: Zone (can putt and short drive)
Buzzz (nuff said...)
Zombee (its a mid, its a driver, its a Zombee!)
Predator (just great for random conditions)

Last edited:
Oh, good. By the title, at first I thought this was going to be something else. :doh:

This would be an awesome idea for a tournament or any sort of competitive play. I love it.

1. Grip Pure - Great disc, but I don't need it with all of my Ions, Anodes, and the Opto Pure. Star Shark - I can't do a thing with this disc. If it's a clutch shot and I use the Shark, you know for a fact that it's going to hit a tree or go the wrong way entirely. Volt - No joke. The thing is a meathook and apparently too overstable for my noodle arm. ESP Nuke - I don't throw distance drivers anyway, and this thing is stable as *expletive*.

2. Rhyno - I don't know it and tournament play is the worst time to learn an entirely new disc. Fuse - I do know it, but can't control it for the life of me. Flippy doesn't even begin to describe this disc, so if it was my only mid? River - I want to love the River, but I'm too inconsistent with it. Tern - Because I can't control a high speed disc backhand and have too much OAT forehand for an US disc like this.

3. Anode - My go to putter. Buzzz - It's a Buzzz. Gazelle - My obsession, and the disc I can do the most with backhand or forehand. (Distance? Who cares? I wouldn't use it anyway)

atleast this what would you throw thread has a catch.

Jackal, Maniac, Suspect, beat in X-Predator.

1. Surge, Leopard, M2, Challenger

2. I think I could make anything work if I got to throw them a little before a round. With my noodle arm, discs with absolutely no glide?

3. PD, Wasp, Zone, Wizard (I know this isn't the DD, FD, M, P, but it is my four disc round choice)

1)
S-Line P2 - I can putt with it and drive with it. Also, other people might not like using a Star putter.
X Stratus - I can control it. Others might not. I would have a definite advantage here.
Beat Z Avenger - I just need to have an Avenger.
Gateway Samurai - A pretty good disc, but if someone else gets it, they might not be comfortable with a beaded speed 12 disc

2)
I think I could play decently with most equipment, but this is what I wouldn't want to get:
Blowfly - Floppy piece of junk. I couldn't push putt with this if my life depended on it.
R-Pro Roc+ - I don't like R-Pro, Rocs, or +molds. I would probably be able to use it, but I would have no confidence at all.
Beat D XL - Can you say unpredictable? I might just use it for rollers.
Z Nuke OS - Too fast and overstable for me. I would use it for forehand rollers.

3)
S-Line P2 - I can putt with it or drive with it.
Glow Buzzz - A fantastic mid.
Z Avenger - Very, very workable.
Opto Sword - Very straight, lots of glide. Honestly, though, I would probably use the Avenger over the Sword anyway, but whatever.

1: What 4 discs would you personally bring and why?
Magic, stingray, a dx fairway, surge (I have these sitting around, wouldn't mind losing them...)

2: What 4 discs would be the worst possible for you to get?
Putter wouldn't matter too much, ultra-light mid, beat dx fairway, super overstable warp speed driver
I like straight shooters - any of these would be difficult for me to straighten out at full power for me...

3: What 4 discs would be the best?
Anode, Buzzz, Leopard, OLF

1. Pure, Core, Stalker, Wraith (spares I have laying around, wouldn't mind giving them away)
2. Classic Roc, Wolf, Dragon, Ape
3. Wizard, Buzzz, Eagle, Tern

I think this is on topic. I have about 25 revised dual lands for sale...
Have about 10,000 magic cards all from Ice Age and sooner.

Sealed deck tournaments are the best, but the rules are all so different now, I can't play any.

Hydra
Zone
Spike
Blowfly II

Putter round baby!

1. Floppy putt'r or magnet - only putters I have laying around I would want to part with
FR Axis - Never clicked with it and again the only mid that I won't throw again that's laying around
DX Eagle - hate dx plastic but would be workable if I got it - not many others laying around
Star TeeRex - I could work it but feel others would struggle with it being so OS

2. I could probably work just about any disc given to me but:
Blowfly - too floppy for me
Wolf - hear it's inconsistent and mostly US... I would prefer OS discs if limited
DX Archangel - Don't like dx.. never threw an archangel so there would be little trust
Nuke/Groove - I've found both very inconsistent

3. Ion - any putter is ok after a couple putts though
buzzz/roc - anything stable would do
Teebird/Volt - again stable
Destroyer

Latest posts