• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

7 weeks of playing.... Please help

1. Aiming at back of teepad with body squared up and both hands on disc. Need to stand more sideways to target and swing/extend your arm.

2. Posture/balance. Need to stay more centered/balanced inside your feet/posture. Your upper body is leaning/tipping over your lower body back and forth. Your front leg is collapsing during the swing instead of extending/bracing up to repel the arm/disc swing out away from you more like an olympic hammer throw.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134167

I have been playing for 7 weeks now and I am new to Lexington KY I could sure use some pointers on my form for back hand and fore hand. Thank you.
https://youtu.be/yCIqgpEXy98

It looks like you are mostly just turning the body and arming into release instead of pulling and whipping the disc through into release. One thing that helped me was once I reached back and started the disc but before into acceleration I would loosely bring the disc in close to my core and then, like a fuse at its end, explode into a rotational whip and whip the disc into release. You have to get that feeling like the end of your fingers are literally being whipped by the quick rotation of the body. To get the feeling better I would practice for hours standing still and turning my core and body so fast that my arm comes out from my body like a whip. Then, after that feeling I would incorporate the motion of the arm as if I was holding the disc and whip it through.
Turning and arming the disc doesn't have much acceleration power to get a lot of distance. The core has a lot of rotational torque and power that can accelerate the arm and disc way faster that you can move your arm. Practice that turning and whipping action until it feels like a bomb going off and you can feel all the blood being pressurized in the end of your fingers.