• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Acetone question

KyChad

Will it remove sharpie / other ink from discs? If not, what does? Where do you get it?

100% pure acetone works well but not on all types of plastic. Sometimes you just cant get all the ink off. I have had this happen with ESP and Star discs before.

It does remove ink pretty good from lower grade plastics but Ive never been able to get ink off of a champion disc with it. I had an old KC Rok tho and it was inked to hell and back and i got every single bit of it off.

If the sharpy hasnt been on there long enough,like a day,then i can be removed most times. Unfortunately the other 99% of the time sharpy can only be faded out or muted slightly..ive yet to find anything to completely remove sh stop y. It seeps into the plastic the longer it stays on

Mr clean magic eraser dipped in Gasoline. sounds crazy enough to work... let me know!

magic erasers are magic. it might work without the gasoline, but i've also heard the gasoline works

magic erasers are nice and work wonders but u gotta be careful with the elbow grease. its got fine grit in it and can sand your disc super smooth if your not careful,which will make it kinda slick