• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aubin's Bag. you like a da juice?

Aubin

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 4.5 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Challenger: 220/240'; Buzzz: 250/280'; Teebird: 320/350' Destroyer 340/370'

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?:Old. Don't like overhands because of the shoulder.
Other sport proficiencies?: Generally in good shape, 5'8" 150lb.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

Destroyers (4): All about 168-170g
Star Bottom Stamp worn: STABLE forehand or backhand hard hyzer
New Pro: Max D
Worn Pro: Hyzer flip D
beat Pro: rollers or big annys or flips

Predators (2) 168-170g
New Z Flat, FH and overstable duties
Worn Z, Longer D, Forehand flex, FH rollers

Roadrunner Star 168g beat
Must go right RHBH

Teebirds (4) All 168g

12x Champ: worn reliable straight some fade
New flat Star TL: straight with little fade
Worn Flat Star TL: Hyzer flip or slight anny, main driver
Beat to hell DX: trick shots and rollers

Mids: 170172g

Z Buzzz: most straight shots under 300 but over 220. AKA half of new england lol.

Comets (2)
worn Z: reliable straight or slight anny, downhill driver.
Worn 2nd run flat ESP: flip machine.

Putters:

LE Pro D Zone. Here piggy piggy. BH Hyzer or FH approach and short drive
4 Chain soft Magnet: Anny approach or short downhill drives.
Challengers (3)

beat up stock: straight approach and short drive
newer tourney stamp: more overstable slight fade short drive
Well worn Bar stamp: main chains-only putter going on 2 1/2 years.

11 drivers, 3 mids, 5 putters. 19 discs, 9 molds.

Comments: I'm really loving the bag and it hasn't changed much overall. Here's what I'm considering, or would like help with:

You'll notice I have no OS mid. Don't really need it. I can pound the Zone out pretty far, and after that, the Predator powers down perfectly for me. I find the Pred to be an extremely reliable disc in the 200-250ft range, FH or BH, even though I can throw it 275+.

Holes/ problems: The anny/minimal fade/downhill putter slot in my bag is always rotating. I LOVE soft APX's but they beat in waaaay to quick. Tried a SP Reef, not the same. I've tried a ton of different putters here and right now I'm settling on the Magnet. this spot in my bag is one of the most used so it's pretty important. i think I might just rotate magnets for now.

Forehand Distance: I'm slowly learning a good forehand distance drive. With a Predator I can get out to around 250' max, but more like 220 golf D right now. If I throw more than 15 or 20 forehands a day, my elbow hurts quite a bit. Thinking about trying out a 150g Flick? Would a lighter forehand disc reduce the elbow stress and possibly add some D?

Now the big one: reliable, straight Max D. I switched to destroyers just recently (from Nukes) and LOVE the slightly smaller rim. I can throw them further and have better control. I love the 2.2cm rim size. Problem is, the pros beat in Sooooo fast (on my home course, takes only 2 rounds or so) then they get flippy. Flippy can be great and I carry 2 flippy Pro Destros, but my Star DS is a giant PIG.

Will it ever beat in to a reliable, slightly understable/not super OS Max distance disc? It is a domey Bottom stamp. Should I look into another more durable, less OS disc in this rim size (blizzard Destro, teedevil?) I really like the Lace, but the larger rim lead to inconsistent results on the course (flew perfect in the field though).

Don't need an OS mid.
Try a Polecat or a Rattler.
Use the 12x TB for FH. You should be able to get over 220 FH with your Z Buzzz. FH is also all about technique. Sadly it's the technique least discussed. Look for a Youtube video by Chris Wojochowski (I hope I spelled that right.)
Try a VIP Sword. Feels like a Destro and flies dead ass straight for a long ways.