• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Sound Reduction

Androo

So I recently got myself a DD Marksman basket for practicing and helping to improve my putting accuracy. Love it so far but I really would like to be able to practice putting indoors or in the yard at night without worrying about the noise. Any suggestions for a relatively cheap/easy fix ?

Thanks a bunch

Maybe coat the pipe and chains with Ryno lining type material (truck bed liner).

I know people put pipe foam insulation on the vertical. But you still have the chains.

I think you could use the bed liner stuff on everything and make it really quiet and if properly cured should be durable.

Maybe coat the pipe and chains with Ryno lining type material (truck bed liner).

I know people put pipe foam insulation on the vertical. But you still have the chains.

I think you could use the bed liner stuff on everything and make it really quiet and if properly cured should be durable.

Is that stuff really flexible though? I see that basically making your chains super stiff and solid.

I used a piece of foam pipe insulation and fastened it around the center pole using zip ties. I also installed a short piece below the bottom chain ring to tightly sandwich it in foam and prevent it from striking the pole. You still get some "jangle" from the chains, but the louder ring of the putter or chain ring striking the pole is eliminated.

I used a length of 2in diameter vinyl tubing from Home Depot, it works well.

I got one of these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G262M22/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_MQXJ0C7RN54W5KQ6E32P

I put a spot of blue tape at the same height I putt into, 40 inches for me. I've been practicing my circles edge putts at the tape and have noticed a definite improvement in actual putting. It is completely silent and you can drive into it as well. I'm really quite pleased with how it has worked.
9f99d87e28583fba3ff945d951ae385a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205G using Tapatalk

I wrapped the pole with a roll of fabric tree wrap designed to protect tree bark. I also have a common bath towel in the bottom of the basket.