• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basset Creek Park, Crystal, MN Expansion

Gottagogottathrow

Par Member
We have been presented with an opportunity to expand the Disc Golf course in Basset Creek Park.

We are looking to rally as much support for this effort as possible. If you will, please stop in the store by Wednesday of this week and sign up in support of the project. As an alternative, please email me your name, address, phone number, and any personal comment you are willing to make about your level of interest and support. I am trying to accumulate as many written responses as possible in support of this effort to present to the board, and would also like some idea as to how many people may attend the meeting.

We are looking for as many Crystal residents in support of this project as possible - Please forward this to anyone you know that may be a potential supporter.

The next park meeting is on Wednesday Oct 7th at the Crystal Community Center at 4800 Douglas Drive from 7-9pm. We are hoping to present this project and display the initial support behind it at this meeting. I have a preliminary layout that includes a possibility of 27 holes. There is more room in Basset than most realize. We are looking for people willing to speak in support of the project at this and future meetings if there is an opportunity. We want to present a broad array of the demographics in support of the project.

Please respond to this email with whatever written support you may be willing to draft, some indication of the likelihood you can make it to the 10/7 meeting, and your interest in future updates about the projects progress.

Sincerely,

Charlie Hutchinson
Gotta Go Gotta Throw Inc
[email protected]
763-593-7690

i will stop in at the store tomorrow during my break between classes and sign up for sure.

Thanks Scott - much appreciated!

We are trying to get as much documentation in support of the expansion as possible so if any of you knows anyone to forward this to - please do.

If anyone is able to attend the meeting please also let us know!

Shoot. I would've stopped in. I live in SLP and I think it'd be cool to expand Basset. I've played there a few times and it's a really friendly course. It would definitely be awesome to make it 18 or 27 holes. I'd probably play there more often rather than driving to the other side of town.

TGM - if you will email me your name and contact info I will add you to our list to notify when the next meeting is!

Stopped by the store and got a look at the plans, looks awesome :)

Hope the meeting yesterday went well, let us know when the next one is coming up!

i hear the city is not giving them any information if they can get started yet.

i would like to support the hell out of this but i just dunno when it will happen yet, and i talked to Charlie about it and he said he will let me know what is going to go on - "if" it will go on.

I bet having Hole 12s basket stolen again is not sitting well with them, nor are the complaints of that apartment building across the dirt road where people turn over discs on Hole 11 and dump it into their "pretty pond."

I think I was with you the day when a guy went into that little pond with waders on and was bitched at by the building manager.

smarkquart said:
I think I was with you the day when a guy went into that little pond with waders on and was bitched at by the building manager.

What an idiot...disc golfers never surprise me.