• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bawnjourno!

Hey there, I just wanted to say "Hi" from Michigan and ask a quick question about putters.

I am trying to find the right putter for me and I'm curious about the Millenium Omega. I really like the Soft Magnet that I've recently purchased but I'm a little iffy about how the rim feels. How would you say an SS Omega and the Soft Magnet compare in terms of actual softness as well as the shape of the disc? Is it true the Omega is sort of like an Aviar?

Any input would be wonderful!

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, it's always good to see another MI guy around here. Also, since you're technically a sandwich, watch out for Jukeshoe....

Welcome and enjoy!

My first putter was an Omega SS, probably a bit softer than most Soft Magnets, with greater stability than Magnets. Similar to an Aviar? I can't really say, but in terms of stability, I'd say it's closer to an Aviar than it is to a Magnet.

Last edited:
Omega is my favorite putter. The ss are very soft, genrally softer than the soft magnets I've felt. As far as flight goes, aviars and omegas are very similar. As far as a magnet I'm not too sure. I can't imagine to too far off.

Welcome to the site!
Putters are a very personal disc. What I mean is that you will have to find the one that works for you.
I used to putt w/ an Omega SS, tried several different molds/manufacturers, and am currently using Classic soft Judges.
Good luck in your search!

Welcome and enjoy!

My first putter was an Omega SS, probably a bit softer than most Soft Magnets, with greater stability than Magnets. Similar to an Aviar? I can't really say, but in terms of stability, I'd say it's closer to an Aviar than it is to a Magnet.

:hfive:

Thanks for the feedback, I'm definitely going to check out the Omega and the Wiz

Welcome to the site!
Putters are a very personal disc. What I mean is that you will have to find the one that works for you.
I used to putt w/ an Omega SS, tried several different molds/manufacturers, and am currently using Classic soft Judges.
Good luck in your search!

Thanks a ton, I really appreciate the input :thmbup:

Omegas are a really nice putter. I used one for a few years before
I discovered a Wizard. The Omega is pretty similar to a Aviar P&A but in better plastic. I would place it as a Stable putter,with just a tick of fade. It's nice and slow so it's easy to gauge your distance with one.

If you really like the feel and flight of an Omega you would really like a Gateway Warlock. A Warlock don't get much love,but it is one heck of putter,especially if you are a beadless putter fan.