• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Been a while...

JeremySW

Double Eagle Member
Haven't picked up a golf disc in like a year +

What have I missed ? Innova still tampering with my beloved Rocs? The Vibram Sole looks interesting...

Man, I've missed your awesome sig. And yeah, innova's still experimenting with the roc.

Innova and Dcraft lost a bunch of pros to the new firm called prodigy disc, discs out soon they say. New discs from every company and so forth...so nothing new.

turso said:
Man, I've missed your awesome sig. And yeah, innova's still experimenting with the roc.

Innova and Dcraft lost a bunch of pros to the new firm called prodigy disc, discs out soon they say. New discs from every company and so forth...so nothing new.

I agree on the signature. I love your Rattler graphics. I wish Discraft would use it.

In the last year the players who used to be the top players seem to have slid down a notch, supplanted by a group of young studs, most of whom got bought off by the promise of a new company.

Mark Ellis said:
turso said:

I agree on the signature. I love your Rattler graphics. I wish Discraft would use it.

In the last year the players who used to be the top players seem to have slid down a notch, supplanted by a group of young studs, most of whom got bought off by the promise of a new company.
turso said:

Thanks for the signature love, its quite outdated for what I throw now(or was throwing when I stopped) but I love the piece too much to tamper with it - Maybe if I can find another 4 spare minutes I'll make a new one and see how turns out... MSPaint is serious business.

Mr. Ellis, you were the one who inspired me to put a Rattler in my bag - so coming from you the compliment is extra awesome 8) Since you know the big wigs @ Discraft, tell them to get in touch with me and we can work out a royalties % for my Paint Snake stamp :wink: It would sell like hot-cakes , I mean hell - we have three people willing to buy one already.

Prodigy Discs eh? They commandeered a bunch of pro's from the big 2 and their discs aren't even out yet? Interesting...

Any of the new molds making any noise amongst the DGR family, or just more of the same?

I want to try out the Sole - I've yet to toss any Vibram but the rubber looks intriguing for putting.

Legacy looks like they've got some molds out now - good for the Ricos.

Legacy is the new hotness (ask dgdave)
Prodigy is the new rumor mill... go to DGCR if you dare and you will find butt loads of inanity about it.
Vibram, well Steve Dodge, is trying to make ripples in the NT pond. How have you not tried any Vibram?
MVP has blown up as well. They have three drivers out now. Well the third one comes out 2/1
Innova put bubbles in their plastic.
Dynamic Discs is molding discs (well Lat is doing it for them). actually Lat is now kinda the Innova in Europe. Westside is like their Millennium and DD is their Discmania.
DC came out with Titanium plastic, it's like GL but it hasn't really caught on. It's only in 5 molds, all World Champ sig discs, 2 of them are for players that left DC.

other news:
Feldberg is no longer on Team Innova nor is he the coach at University of Oregon.
the Prodigy team is supposedly all part owners of that company. all the discs are basically tweaked Destroyers (rumor has it anyway).
Pros are showing up at the DGCR boards and interacting with us weirdos. Some are dropping gossip grenades in the process.

Can we get a blow up of the "Paint Snake" Rattler stamp? So we can appreciate it in all its glory?

Did the Roc bird get interbred with a frog or something?

On a positive note, I picked up a new Rattler and it is the best feeling Rattler I've ever had. This Rattler is light blue with a concave top and a soft rubbery feel to it. The only reason I put it in my cart was to go over $50 to get free shipping.

The Sole drives and putts well sorta like a Wizard in putting with extra good tacky grip and it flies more HSS with S Wizardish fade or a hair less. Pretty great disc. Air bubble technology discs come from Innova, Latitude and Westside. The bubbles added a new dimension to individual disc variation with some 130 weight discs being more overstable than their full weight brethren and some flipping like hell. That is until speed stability issues or winds show how the lighter disc is more unpredictable across different conditions. MVP Axis in the harder plastic is pretty sweet if the slickness ain't a problem.

keltik said:
Feldberg is no longer on Team Innova nor is he the coach at University of Oregon.

And now we know where he went. http://vimeo.com/59041316
Will be interesting to see how this affects his game.

Latest posts