• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best all weather target

Cheezfry

I am looking to pick up a target (basket) in the next couple of months. I want one that I can just leave outside year round and not have to worry about.

Price is not my primary concern. Though, that being said obviously i'm not looking to waste money either. Also not looking to spend $500.00 on a permanent style basket.

Perhaps I am being unreasonable, if that is the case, just go ahead and tell me that I'm being a big jackass, and that I should just drag the damned basket into the garage after I'm done with it.

MVP is releasing a permanent basket soon which features 3 rows of stainless steel chains. Pricing will be under $500 but no MSRP set officially. They're pro model has been getting great reviews and the new "portal" IMO is one of the more unique designs to come out since the vortex.

Stainless steel chains ... bling bling!

Titan Pro 24

Other than gateway basket colors (Which I think they are starting to paint or powder coat their newer runs) these baskets are bullet proof. If it is your home basket and you want to make it brighter a flag or rattle can paint job would serve it well. They are great baskets for the price and depending on what you putt with you may like the fact that they will usually hook you up with a stack of putters when you buy a basket.

Skip anything that's painted or powder coated. Galvanized steel, like DGA targets, will last forever outside with no maintenance.
Not saying you need to buy the super deluxe model with 56 chains, LED lighting and a web address, as long as its galvanized you're good to go.

The Dynamic Discs Veteran basket was just released for $399 + free shipping. It's galvanized with 18-8 stainless steel chains. Not exactly cheap but it looks like a great basket for the money. The Veteran has a 10 year warranty.

You can also pick up a DGA Mach 3 for about the same price buy I don't know if you'll end up paying for shipping. The DGA's come with a 20 year warranty though. Most courses here have them and they hold up great to our insane weather.

I have a Gateway Bullseye. The thing is built like a tank and is quite heavy. If that doesn't improve your putting nothing will.

Retails for $250...but I know where you can get a lightly used one cheaper than that. ;)

I have had a Lightning Galvanized DB5 since 2008 in my backyard in Mt Pleasant, SC 1/8 mile from a saltwater marsh and everything rust here regardless if the steel is galvanized but this target has no sign of rust on it (I have gone through three bicycles since buying this target due to rust). It was $200 when purchased so not sure how they are made now or price but the target is solid and heavy like an installed target. It is a great catching target but you can add inner chains for a regulation course target.

Found more reviews similar to mine,

http://www.discgolfbasketstore.com/lightning-db-5-disc-golf-basket-includes-2-discs-golf-discs/

http://www.discgolfbasketstore.com/pages/Portable-Disc-Golf-Basket-Comparison-Guide.html

Last edited:

Latest posts