• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Headphones?

BADman

Eagle Member
Buenas tardes gents,

Question today- what are some comfy and quality sounding headphones for an afternoon out throwing? I don't like my current ear buds, and I'm also thinking cordless could be nice as well.

Any popular ones out there?

It would depend on what style you are looking for and your price range. I go to school for audio engineering and use beats for most of that. They have ear buds as well as over the ear style.

cordless is the only way to go if you want to wear them while throwing. Anything from sennheiser, Audio-technica or creative labs will be a good choice.

the Creative WD-300 would be a good choice
http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-WP300-Bluetooth-Headphones-Black/M/B004D4R9VC.htm

there is also a 20% coupon code right now from creative SAV20BLU

whatever you do DO NOT buy a pair of beats, $50 sennheiser cans like the HD419 will blow even the beats pros away in comfort and sound.

Last edited:
Best sounding ones I've ever had are Bose IE2s. Amazing sound, and the long cord has never messed with me while throwing, both inside and outside of my shirt. If you have an iPhone/iPod I know someone who has a great deal on some lightly used MIE2is.

Beat's buds aren't that great. I have a pair of monster turbine pro buds. Biggest selling point was the lifetime warranty, I used to go through skull buds or whatever they are called in a month and a half.

Depends what is important to you accuracy,boom boom,cordless, and price prioritize these and you may get a more accurate answer. I love my akg 501 but it would be total garbage on the course, the etymotic er4p are amazing as are the Grado gr8 however totally different sound. If you really want to rock your world add a portable headphone amp to any of these and you enter a whole different world of experience.
Gary

Bose in ears are the most comfortable in ear headphones on the market. And they won't fall out! Plus they sound great.

Bose in ears are the most comfortable in ear headphones on the market
Respectfully nope not even close those would be ultimate ears 11 pro custom

. And they won't fall out! Plus they sound great.
Again compared to what? Stock iPod earphones absolutely, other brands in the same price range sound wise the bose will fall on the lower third.
Ther are way better headphones in that price bracket. Bose you pay a lot for name.
Research headfi for other comparable contenders.

^^^ I've tried the ultimate ears, they are notihng compared to the BOSE IE2s. You sir have obviously never listened to music through them, bar far the best earbuds I've ever used.

You have tried the ue11? Awesome! And if the Bose are better then I better give them another go. The last bose i tried were nice but not as accurate as i prefer. I have tried hundreds of headphones at headfi meets so yes I have Listened to them. Not being an ass seriously.

Last edited:
Yes I have, I've had two pairs of Bose IE2s in the past couple years. My first pair got stolen about a year and a half ago. Spent a year trying out all sorts of other earbuds, only to end up back with the MIE2is for the iPhone/iPod. Most comfortable earbuds that won't fall out even when getting yanked on by underbrush/saplings when I throw off the fairways.

I really like my Klipsh s4 earbuds, they are comfortable, the cord is nice and durable (my first set of s4's lasted me 1 year with daily running outside or on a treadmill + disc + wearing them while I walked to and from classes + being wrapped around my ipod and stuffed in my pocket. Never had a pair of earbuds last that long with that much use. Usually my earbuds die on me within 5 months.

Then Klipsch replaced them for free! So I spent 74 dollars and got a second set free when the first set finally went out. And mine died from the same thing headphones always seem to die from- where the cord means the connector that plugs into the device.

My second set is now 2 months old and seeing less use than my first (I have SOL republic Track HD's that I wear when I am on campus or working on my computer now) and I no longer just stuff them in my pocket wrapped around my ipod, so we will see if this second set lasts even longer.

As far as prices goes, I'm really not looking to break the bank. I have something like eight pairs of cans/buds but I bought the Motorola s9's a few years back hoping to get that wireless sweet spot but alas they really cramp down on my ears.

I'm looking at a pair of Motorola s305's right now because they are a good looking shape, all the function buttons I want, and reviews say they feel light on the head.

Wireless is probably the single most important feature I'm looking for because leaving them on my bag for concentration seems clutch.

I'm going to google up headfi now - thanks all for the discussion so far.

I would use a bluetooth over the ear design. I've had the motorola S305 headset for a few years now and it's held up very well. The battery lasts very long and it recharges in about 15 min with a usb cable.

Plus you can make calls with it and it actually has great call quality on both ends.

dont buy beats headphones. they are way over priced and you can find better headphones for half the price. same with bose. beats are decent headphones if you like music with a lot of bass but only certain music sounds good on them. if you want big over ear headphones i recommend Audio Technica ATH M50. they are half the price of beats and sound 10x better. they have a fairly flat eq with a small emphasis on bass. but i wouldnt use them for discing though. id probably go with earbud headphones. check out sennheaiser they make some sport clip headphones that will stay in your ears well and are very affordable.

Music Bullet = Sound without cord or anything on the head. Tiny speaker to go in bag. 15$ for decent quality xD

I also went with the Bose in ears after my old buds gave me outer ear infections. The sound quality is so good, I prefer them over the speakers in my car. Comfort is unimpeachable. As said above, the long cord makes it easy to throw. Only real issue is the price.