• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Build a one model per manufacturer bag

Billipo

Birdie Member
So I left a disc on hole #18 at a far away course on Saturday and I have options to fill the spot (not including driving back to get my disc) Made me think of this thread since I decided to change discs for the bag spot.

My challenge is - Build a bag with only one disc per manufacturer but you would rock the bag with any necessary justification and what role of each disc fills. I'm gonna work on mine and post later, but interested in hearing thoughts. (Please note I will be including MVP even though they refuse to continue selling discs to our club for use as fundraisers and player packs which maintains many courses providing opportunities to many players at a grassroots volunteer level.)

I actually don't think I'd have to change that much, if you're talking molds (like the title seems to imply) and we could bag multiples. Assuming that, here's mine

Discraft Nuke - all distance driver duties, I have Nukes ranging from 14/4/0/4 to 14/5/-3/2
MVP Limit - super OS distance driver
Dynamic Discs Sergeant - all control driver duties, I have them from 11/4/0/3.5 to 11/5/-2/2
Streamline Flare - super OS control driver
Infinite Galleon - super OS fairway/mid
Latitude 64 Glory - OS fairway driver
Discmania FD - straight with fade, straight and understable fairway driver
Prodigy A2 - super os mid, fairly os mid and straight with fade mid
Clash Peach - straight mid and understable mid
DGA Breaker - straight with fade and straight putter as well as putting putter
Axiom Proxy - understable putter
Kastaplast Berg - Good to have
Innova Polecat - best disc

These are from companies though. If you wanted lump actual manufacturers together (like l64/dd/ws/kasta/(most of)discmania and mvp/axiom/streamline/tsa/mint) then it would get a lot more complicated.

Infinite Pharoah. Long turnovers.
Innova halo wraith. Hyzers and forehand rollers.
Discraft predator. Shorter more accurate hyzers.
Dynamic discs vandal. Everything disc.
Dga quake. Shorter everything disc.
Wizard. Even shorter everything disc and putting.

Nearly my bag already except I throw challengers instead of wizards.

Assuming you can have multiples of the same mold

Wizard
Hex
Verdict
Heat
Wraith

I can only think of the five manufacturers off top of my head and don't know the smaller brands well enough to say what I'd bag assuming they make their own stuff. But I think I could cobble something together with those molds in different weights/plastics to serve my needs

I have very few manufacturers in my inventory. Since I mostly play in the wind, this will be a wind bag.

Driver VIP Northman down the middle with ending fade.

Fairway Driver Horizon Vanguard down the middle with ending fade.

Midrange Halo Roc3 has ending turn. Normally used for strong wind approaches.

Plasma Envy ending turn for approaches. Not my main Putter, but can laser putt with it in strong wind C2 and out. In lesser wind should be fine including C1.

I could have done this much easier with 2 per but I did have to make some choices to get to 1. My lack of new manufacturer knowledge may leave this hypothetical bag short.

DGA Hurricane. Primary driver - Straight flier for my aging noodle arm. Multiples with a light model (164 g) for my turnover drives.
Innova Thunderbird - Fairway driver . Predictable and little more stability for wind.
Discraft Flick (150 cl.)- Forehand . Long timer in bag. Also like MVP Photon for more distance but have other choice for MVP and Flick is more versatile for my general game.
MVP Reactor - Midrange with predictable fade
Discmania GM - Old school disc still in my bag as all purpose mid.
Latitude Keystone - Short straight approach with great glide and long putts
Gateway Magic - Primary putter
Lightning Upshot #2 - Turnover putter

This thread needs differentiation between Manufacturer and Brands. This does get sticky though cause what about brands like discmania who is owned by one brand claims to manufacture their own stuff but has hinted that the employees in said factory were lat64 employees? Kastaplast similar but slightly less murky. Infinite, Innova and Millennium obvious just one maufacturer, same for DGA/Discraft. Can I have multiple discs from one brand if they are different manufacturers? Like reptilian has gateway, the tyrant and daredevil molded discs or TSA has had two different? Who makes terminal velocity discs? Ok too much thinking.

Since it almost seems cheating to do brands, this is my manufacturer bag.

Innova- Polecat (x2)
Kastaplast- Berg
Trash Panda- Inner Core
Prodiscus- Jokeri (x2)

Lat64- Fuse
Discraft- Buzzz (x2)
Gateway- Gila (x3)

MVP- Crave (x2)
Prodigy- H3v2 (x2)
Lone Star- Mad Cat

Clash- Wild Honey
Legacy- Outlaw (x2)

Maybe this actually stretched my bag some since a few core discs (like pred and chameleon) had to be dropped multiple molds taking their roles.

Last edited:
I throw mostly Innova. This is gonna be tough.

Gateway Wizard - starting with a layup (current putter)
Prodigy A2 - maybe I can cycle these to cover all mid shots? (current overstable mid)
Westside Tursas - flippy mid until I beat an A2 enough to make it turn (used to bag these, but Stingrays took over)
Discraft Cyclone - main fairway mold; ESP for beef and a beat cactus for flip (haven't thrown one in years)
Innova Wraith - main distance mold (current main driver)

Not claiming these are the best, most popular, insert adjective of your choice here, molds for each slot or brand. Just wanted to see if I could build a well-rounded bag, using discs I already own, without using a the same brand twice.

Putters
US: MVP Anode
Stable:Gateway Wizard

Mids
US: Westside Tursas
Stable: Discraft Buzzz

Fairways
US: Millenium JLS
Stable: DGA Pipeline

Distance
US: Innova Mamba
Stable: Vibram Lace

I actually think this would be a pretty workable bag.

*Some of these are made by the same "manufacturer," (e.g. Innova/Millenium, Discraft/DGA, MVP/Axiom), but I didn't use the same "brand" twice.

About the "Manufacturer", "Brand" thing.

Not sure if I have to go to confession (Forgive me.),

Come to realization how warning labels get created (Warning: Posts may include bad grammar, misspellings, differing views, vague or errant choice of words.),

or not give a ...

BTW - I intended "brand". I hope world order has been restored. 😏

This really makes it clear how much consolidation has happened since two years ago!

Fairway:
Innova: Thunderbird
Prodigy: F5

Mid:
Discraft: BuzzzOS
MVP: Thought Space Pathfinder

P/A:
HOD: Harp
I'll putt with the TSA Muse since it's got some unknown Chinese manufacturer

Putter
Gateway Wizard
Kastaplast Berg
MVP Glitch
Goliath Pillar
Lone Star Benny or Penny (I can't remember which I liked better as a driving putter)

Mid
DGA Quake
AGL Magnolia
Streamline Echo
Discraft Comet

Fairway
Discmania FD
Lat 64 Explorer
Infinite Scepter
Loft Xenon
Innova Roadrunner
Reptilian Chameleon

Distance
Millennium Scorpius
Dynamic Enforcer
Clash Vanilla
Axiom Excite

I've personally thrown all of these discs at least once, and could probably shoot within 4-5 strokes of what I normally would with my normal bag, the only things I'm missing to test that theory is the Enforcer and Benny/Penny. I started with my favorites from the smaller brands and that allowed me to get creative with where I put the bigger brands. I could probably build a whole bunch of setups with only having a few discs stay the same (Comet, Pillar, Xenon probably).

Westside Swan
Axiom Envy

Clash Peach

MVP Servo
Innova Leopard3
Kastaplast Falk

Thought Space Construct
Mint Freetail

Gateway - Wizard
Kastaplast - Berg
Axiom - Envy
Westside - Harp

Discraft - Buzzz
Dynamic Discs - Verdict

MVP - Crave
Innova - Teebird
Lone Star - Mad Cat

Lat 64 - Grace
Millenium - Scorpius
Discmania - PD

I throw mostly Innova. This is gonna be tough.

Gateway Wizard - starting with a layup (current putter)
Prodigy A2 - maybe I can cycle these to cover all mid shots? (current overstable mid)
Westside Tursas - flippy mid until I beat an A2 enough to make it turn (used to bag these, but Stingrays took over)
Discraft Cyclone - main fairway mold; ESP for beef and a beat cactus for flip (haven't thrown one in years)
Innova Wraith - main distance mold (current main driver)
Other than missing an overstable driver this is an amazing minimal combo. There may be some overlap for me between a flippy cyclone and a tursas so I would probably step slower and put a comet in there.

About the "Manufacturer", "Brand" thing.

Not sure if I have to go to confession (Forgive me.),

Come to realization how warning labels get created (Warning: Posts may include bad grammar, misspellings, differing views, vague or errant choice of words.),

or not give a ...

BTW - I intended "brand". I hope world order has been restored. 😏
I was just being pedantic for the sake of commentary on the current disc golf retail climate. I think your intent was fairly clear.

I did enjoy taking my virtual bag a step further because it made me think a little more about things like how I really have enjoyed the Legacy discs I have tried but never think of them when I am trying to fill a slot. I should be ashamed that I thought of Prodiscus or even Clash before Legacy... Maybe I am more influenced by touring golf sponsors for brand recognition than I thought.

Kastaplast Reko putts
Axiom Envy OS putter
Lone Star Armadillo US approach
Prodigy A2 OS approach

Latitude Fuse US mid
Clash Berry S mid
Streamline Runway OS mid

Dynamic Maverick US FD
Birdie Supply Strike S FD
Millennium Draco OS FD

Discmania PD S CD
Westside Stag US CD