• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buying on ebay???

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
Lately I've just been looking at and buying a lot of discs on ebay...I'm just wondering if anyone else has been doing this and if there's a particular disc you've won that you love or wish you didn't and might want to find the person you were bidding against:)
Also, are any of us looking at anything right now that we're particularly hoping they get???
Personally there are some sweet discs from the Japan Open I am eyeballing:)

Got me a Discraft Deuce. Sweet disc that sits on my wall. C'mon a disc named a deuce, priceless.

HA! I just won an old school, 197g Innova Condor! I have no idea what it is, but I'm pretty stoked to toss with this old school monster!

Of the discs that I have (too many), most have been bought off eBay.
Here are some tips that I've learned:
1. Always check the feedback rating of the seller BEFORE you bid. It's important. It's there for a reason.
2. Be patient. I know you're eyeballing that disc you want, but is that a good price? It will be on there again, just be patient. I've gotten some pretty sweet deals when I didn't buy the first week or two that I was looking.
3. Add in the shipping before you bid. A $12 FLX Challenger is not a deal if the shipping is $6.
4. Read carefully and ask questions. Most sellers will answer quickly. All the info is there on the page.
5. Check local and online resellers first. Is that eBay deal REALLY a deal?
6. Check the selling history of the disc. If the disc that you're looking at usually sells for $10, why is this guy asking for $15? See Rules2,3,4.
Hope this helps.

Got me a Discraft Deuce. Sweet disc that sits on my wall. C'mon a disc named a deuce, priceless.

HA! There's a Deuce listed on ebay right now! Plus there's a lot of the original Ace Race discs...I know you're a discraft guy...thought you might appreciate it.

I have an Ace Race Impact. We are running an Ace Race in Oct. up in Brighton if you are interested in running it.

I bought all my initial stuff from someone named frisbeerancher on ebay. Pretty good prices on package deals and very responsive. Would buy again A+++ haha. But seriously, whoever that is, I think they're a great ebayer. I'm sure there are some crappy ones out there. Just gotta protect your investment.

I have an Ace Race Impact. We are running an Ace Race in Oct. up in Brighton if you are interested in running it.

I saw that and was going to sign up this weekend. Work has been picking up for me a bit so I haven't been able to make it out for a Tuesday night yet. During the week I pretty much only play Red Rocks and I'm trying out new courses (to me) on the weekends...this weekend is Badlands...

freetech pretty much covered most of it. In only of my ebay purchases, the bundle of discs included a destroyer. I had never thrown one before and now it is my favorite driver. You just never know...

Our sign up is not up yet. I will let you know when it is open.

Awesome, I've always wanted to be in one of those. Have they released last year's disc yet or do you just have to get it in the special edition?

Lately I've just been looking at and buying a lot of discs on ebay...I'm just wondering if anyone else has been doing this and if there's a particular disc you've won that you love or wish you didn't and might want to find the person you were bidding against:)
Also, are any of us looking at anything right now that we're particularly hoping they get???
Personally there are some sweet discs from the Japan Open I am eyeballing:)

I might have been bidding against you on some of those japan open discs. I got some super light r pro boss's from there!:D I buy to many discs on ebay, if you look you can stumble onto some pretty good deals. Got a used innova DISCarrier w/ shoulder straps for 61.00.

I bought all my initial stuff from someone named frisbeerancher on ebay. Pretty good prices on package deals and very responsive. Would buy again A+++ haha. But seriously, whoever that is, I think they're a great ebayer. I'm sure there are some crappy ones out there. Just gotta protect your investment.

I also got a three disc starter set form an ebay dealer that got me into the mess (addiction) that I'm in now! And I'm not sure if it was frisbeerancher or not, but I know that I've bought some other stuff from him too. I've had very good suceess.

Of courese, discgolfcenter on line is really sweet too since you know the exact color, weight and never pay shipping (I don't think anyway).

I've bought a bag and straps on ebay once from Dynamic Discs. Very fast shipper as well. I usually prefer to get my discs from DGCenter.com because I get to pick out exact color/weights.

I should start looking on ebay again. I looked for discs there for a while, but it seemed that after shipping the prices were not that great.

I just did a "disc golf" search on my local Craig's List and found two people selling discs. That is where I bought my first discs from 2 years ago.

Latest posts