• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Concrete Tee Pads-Stamped

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
The park district that i'm working with is insisting that they keep the stamped concrete theme in the park for all cement work.

Has anyone thrown from concrete tee pads that have been stamped? I'm concerned that they will become slick over time or when wet. Any info would be much appreciated.

I have no idea what he's talking about, but I think the idea of stamping a logo, design, or especially a map of the hole, in each tee pad would be cool.

I know I've seen stamped concrete at a few courses. If it's something like a 6"x6" square, that's no big deal. But if it's like a pattern, such as "stone" with rivulets flowing throughout, it may get slippery.

Stamped concrete involves pouring slab concrete for driveways, walkways, patios, etc., and then impressing both patterns and textures onto the concrete before it is fully dry. . The pattern is made by imprinting the concrete shortly after it has been poured with a "concrete stamp". Most modern concrete stamps are made of polyurethane.

when the concrete is sealed it is VITAL that a non slip additive is mixed into the sealer. if it is sealed without the additive it will become super slick when wet. can be purchased at any concrete supply store and is very inexpensive. it is a ultra fine powder that u mix into the sealer before u apply the sealer to the concrete.dosnt effect the finish of the concrete. this is a must if using stamped concrete for tee pads.
http://store.expressions-ltd.com/servlet/-strse-886/no-non-slip-additive/Detail

PM Troy Jan. He does some sick concrete work and I know stamping is one of his specialties.