• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crash Course in Discraft

jwk0522

Could anyone give me a quick runthrough of Discraft's different plastics. I mostly throw Innova but recently won a "Z" Flick in a tournament and I have fell in love with it. I have also thought about getting a Buzz but would like to be more educated on their plastic before I start buying.

flightchart_0905.jpg

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/plastics.shtml

This site has some good info on plastics but is out of date and doesn't include everything.

yes Elite X is most comparable to Pro plastic.

But that chart pretty well covers it all.

i think that the esp flx is similar to an r pro plastic and makes great drivers. if you get a buzzz make sure it is a pro d becasue it is the only one rated at a 0.

i think that the esp flx is similar to an r pro plastic and makes great drivers. if you get a buzzz make sure it is a pro d becasue it is the only one rated at a 0.

I don't mind having a Buzzz rated at .5 stability. I've found that the Discraft "0" stability rating feels slightly understable, and that my full-strength pulls stay straighter with a +.5 stability rating. This is anecdotal evidence, though, since I haven't actually thrown a Pro-D Buzz; just a couple of Pro-D Cyclones. I found I really don't like the Pro-D plastic, so I replaced them with an Elite-X Cyclone.

I love the ESP plastic, the grip on its amazing. The FLX plastic would be great in the colder months, but they get way to soft in the summer. Z plastic is great for heavy tree courses and overhand shots that can warp discs fast. The grip on Z can be rough and uncomfortable at times, but i find it an indispensable plastic. I have several pro d and elite x, if you are looking for a disc on the cheap this is the way to go, otherwise I would recommend the other plastics as they last a lot longer.

Please Read!!!!!!!!

If anyone has questions on Discraft please message me. I used to work there and know the plastic, molds, inside slant. I would love to help you make some good decisions.

Thanks in advance for your queries. I am a huge fan!

if you get a buzzz make sure it is a pro d becasue it is the only one rated at a 0.

I have to disagree if the person is looking for consistent flight for an extended time. I'm all about the Z and ESP. From my perspective, I'm using my mids the most on wooded courses and need discs that'll hold up to that. Also I find .5 to be pretty darn straight. But I do think pro D is the way to go if you aren't sure if you'll like it, plus after it hits a few trees to hard it'll be a nice turn-over mid.

Last edited:
If anyone has questions on Discraft please message me. I used to work there and know the plastic, molds, inside slant. I would love to help you make some good decisions.

Thanks in advance for your queries. I am a huge fan!

what did you do for them?

what did you do for them?

I was a sales rep specializing in tournament sponsorships, custom stamps/fundraisers discs, etc. Got to meet some really cool promoters all over the country.

It was a baller job. THe first time you see the wearhouse, all of your breathe leaves you.

Is there a reason that the Reaper isn't on that chart? I was recently given one and don't know anything about it. It seems to be pretty overstable and flies similarly to my destroyer, but with a much smaller rim. I've only thrown it a few times though.

recently heard a rumor Elite X is being discontinued? is this true / false / all of the above?

I was a sales rep specializing in tournament sponsorships, custom stamps/fundraisers discs, etc. Got to meet some really cool promoters all over the country.

It was a baller job. THe first time you see the wearhouse, all of your breathe leaves you.

Great to have a former insider on this site.

ESP FLX is a very study plastic. While R Pro is not as good. Discraft makes ESP which is close to Star(ish) ESP FLX is a more flexible version. Got in a discussion with Kyle from Phenix about this one yesterday.

Is there a reason that the Reaper isn't on that chart? I was recently given one and don't know anything about it. It seems to be pretty overstable and flies similarly to my destroyer, but with a much smaller rim. I've only thrown it a few times though.

http://www.discraft.com/prod_reaper_z.html

I had the same problem when I found one and went looking for it's specs.

Latest posts