• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my newbie bag

Jank

First, I play 10-15 times a year and I've been playing for 5-7 years. I'm decent but I can only drive like 250-300. I can generate a full s turn on a new DX valkryie. If it's beat in, I generally overthrow it. Here's my current bag, looking for other discs to try:

Putters:
1 floppy wizard
1 hard wizard

Midrange:
Buzz

Fairway driver:
Teebird 166

Rain disc (if it's wet out or I need something really grippy):
Vibram Trak 162

Into the wind disc:
Orion LF Sirius 170

Super overstable disc for trick shots or if I need something heavy overstable that won't turn over:
Predator Z 169

Open Fairway Drivers:
Valkryie DX (use this on a hole which might have a pond and I don't wanna lose other discs)
Valkryie Pro (beat in disc, predictable flight)

With the wind or no wind:
Blizzard Wraith (not sure what the weight is on this but it's super light and I can throw it 10 yards further than my valk in no winds or with wind)

Wondering what else I should try to graduate to or try? Should i try a wildcat? what can I try that might give me more distance than a Valk? Should I add a roadrunner for roller shots (i rarely take these)

Please keep me to under 11 discs if possible in the bag. Shouldn't be too hard.

Beast is a small step up from Valk in speed; great disc. I love the Verdict for my overstable mid slot; great for hyzer upshots, tomahawks and well just about everything.

If you like the feel of the Trak, you should try out Vibram's newer fairway drivers. My favorite is the Valley. Also it looks like you are pretty sparse in the midrange department. I also like X-link for wet conditions, so I bag an Ibex and an Obex when appropriate; in my everyday bag I carry a Tangent and an Axis, I really like the feel of MVP's mids. If you want to stick with non-gyro mids, maybe a Comet (great for working on form), or a Fuse, for understable duties, and something like a BuzzzOS for an overstable mid.

Latest posts