• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CryZtal Avenger SS

KyChad

I know the Buzzz and the Challenger get a lot of love around here in the CryZtal plastic, but why no mention of the Avenger SS? Is it considered a bad mold? I picked on up today and I'm hoping it finds a place in my bag as an extra long turnover driver. Anyone else like these? Anything that makes the CryZtal plastic better or worse than others?

They aren't as Under stable as there normal Z counterparts. But they are more durable, and dont get to under stable too fast.

so, based on the innova rating, what would you give the cryztal version?

They aren't as Under stable as there normal Z counterparts. But they are more durable, and dont get to under stable too fast.

This ..

Most people carry the AvengerSS as a turnover, or hyzer-flip disc and the CryZtal doesn't fit that role as well. That doesn't mean they're a bad disc, but they fill a different role. I have a perfectly beat in X-Avenger (behind the AvengerSS in my avatar) that flies almost exactly the same as my CryZtal Avenger-SS, and is a lot cheaper to replace.

do you think they are that different? I use both and don't see much difference other than the Crystal is more durable than an ESP.

By chance, did you "pick one up" in the brush on Hole 8 at Shillito Park in Lexington? If so, I'd like it back buddy! J/K... I loved mine! Released RHBH, slight hyzer, mine would fly dead straight laser for 320' and finish with a very subtle fade if any at all.

As for the Innova comparison I'd have to say
Speed: 10 , Glide: 5 , Turn: -1 , Fade: 2 (same as SL's rating)

Keep in mind I throw 350-365 ft. RHBH consistently, so this disc may act a little more understable when thrown harder. I'm Interested in what others have to say.

sounds like me! well, i was hoping it would be more understable, but that sounds nice as well. i"ll feild test mine once the snow melts this week.

Latest posts