• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD2 Who ordered one in C line?

From one TL lover to the next,

You'll be happy : )

I put the order in for mine as well, really interested in this DD2. If they made a better mid than the gremlin and Shark I could see an all discmania bag coming along.

Timko: You're not getting them from eBay? Then it seems I'm getting the last proto from Mark, he apparently had 3. EDIT: On top of the eBay ones...

Also getting a Champ.

Sucked it up and bought a couple of the C-Lines. Didn't register to me that they would be more stable than what I was initially buying them for. I am sure it'll be something like how the C, P, S Line PDs compare to each other.

booter said:
it is the katana wing and pd top if I'm not mistaken
That or close at least.

EDIT: Anxiously waiting the invoice... With any luck I'll be throwing these next week.

Invoice recieved, payment sent, one proto and one champ on their way!

No, I'm not particularly excited. Why do you ask?

jubuttib said:
Invoice recieved, payment sent, one proto and one champ on their way!

No, I'm not particularly excited. Why do you ask?
cuz its either gonna fly like a stable katana or a flippy boss, ive thrown both so im not exactly chomping at the bit to swoop these up

Who ordered one in C?

boy_hand_raised.jpg

Just got my C-Line DD2s in the mail. Feel more Katana-like than Boss. Similar to the plastic like my 1st run JO Champtanas but with less dome. Can't wait to test them tomorrow. I'll do my best to give a decent report.

What color is yours? Mark told me the Yellow were a firmer blend of Champ with a moderate dome, so those are the ones I ordered.

I got a yellow and an orange, both 175g. I only threw the yellow one today, but both looked identical in terms of dome/etc. Both of them didn't seem necessarily gummy, but out of all of the C-TDs and C-PDs that I have, I thought that the plastic was definitely more gummy. Played Renaissance Gold in Charlotte, NC and while I didn't practice throw with it in a field but rather in a 'competitive' casual round, it performed in my opinion mostly the same way that my first run Champ Bosses have --- only a little more stable. I can get up to 475' on bomb backhand shots, and even in head/crosswinds it didn't seem as affected as my Echo* Katana would be - but definitely less stable than max weight champ bosses. On a flat backhand release, it would turn a little, but not like a new Katana would. Honestly out of the 10 times that I threw it, I don't have anything special to report. My only hope is that it ends up being that TRUE in-between a Boss and Katana, mostly because I have found myself going back to Destroyers for consistent and reliable D because I have found Katanas to be too flippy/unpredictable, and Bosses to be too stable when throwing on a narrow but long fairway. Blah.

Could some more of you guys pick these C DD2 up from DGV. I want to buy some of the X-outs...

2v2cbax.jpg

Hoping my back will be fine tomorrow so I can try these out. The yellow one is pretty domey, poppy top even. Not loud, but it's there.

EDIT: BTW, what does Mark have against me? Every time I order a disc from him I get a black stamp. =(