• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW lessons/coaching

dfdubyagolf

I've been golfing for about 5 months or so, and looking to learn proper technique/form. All the vids on YouTube have somewhat helped, but I think I'd benefit more from someone experienced and knowledgeable teaching me in person.

I don't want to keep reinforcing my bad habits by practicing bad form, and potentially injuring myself lol.

I'm able to meet anywhere in the Ft. Worth area, just let me know price etc.

Thanks.

I'm by no means a coach, hence the name...lol. But I'm always down to play some golf around Fort Worth. Which would you consider your "home courses?"

Bucky Garett is a local pro who was giving lessons a few years ago. I'm not sure if he is still doing that. I will PM to you the last number I have for him.

How old are you? How far can you currently throw? What is your typical score at North Park? (I play there often!) I took lessons from Bucky (good guy btw!). I have a ways to go myself but I soak in alot of knowledge and recently I have helped several people throw better from understanding basic technique, form, etc. What I can help with is visually helping you with your form, reach back, release angle, disc selection, etc. Ofcourse I wouldn't charge since I'm not a pro...but let's get all the guys in this thread together and play a game at North Park and help each other in the process! Contact me via pm when/if you want to play. :)

23, on a good day with the stars aligned maybe 260ish lol all my discs seem to go the same distance. Usually 10-15 over but that's throwing a couple discs off the tee and playing the better one.

I welcome any kind of help and knowledge! I'm going to be contacting Bucky later today about some lessons.

If all of your discs are going the same distance (or very close to it), sounds like it could be related to form. It's amazing what some simple adjustments can do to add some easy distance to your throw. Releasing the disc nose down, grip, etc. Likewise throwing the wrong discs too soon can cause bad habits early on. Hopefully you're not throwing max weight, high speed overstable discs at this point. ;)

Give me a day's notice (pm) the next you're playing North Park or Arcadia, I'll be glad to throw a round with you! Or hit me up on facebook as well. ;)

Nolan Grider is usually up for giving lessons. You can find him on Facebook or at some of the McKinney minis.