• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Difference between Yeti and P&A Aviars???

Apathy

Par Member
What is different about these? Anything significant? What's your preference?

Yetis are the big bead Aviar mold, the P&As are beadless (or small bead in some older runs)

the yetis have a little less glide as well because of the concave top.

also,the newer blends dont bounce as much as the older first production run.

Yetis have a smaller bead than KCs and BBs and being thinner Yetis are faster. The net result for me is a few feet of extra distance vs the KC.

It should be the same size since it's the same mold, but they use a different plastic blend so who knows, might end up being a bit smaller.

I dunno about the mold for sure that is the rumor i've heard but in an actual Yeti the bead is way smaller than in a KC. The flight plate starts out sunken in in a Yeti AKA the long term KC throwers will beat their KC to that shape eventually and for some it is the preferred shape for easier grip and less fade -better for a straighter putt.

Weird mine doesn't. I'm glad the Yeti bead on mine and at the store i bought them is smaller for better performance. But if i were committed to them replacing them would be a problem. I almost committed to them but it ain't durable enough on rocky courses. And despite being thinner than other KC molds it is still a bit iffy on occasion with cleanliness of releases.

Latest posts