• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Different Tee Pad Shapes

LeewayeDiscGolf

Double Eagle Member
How many different shapes for a tee are there? From your standard squares and rectangles, to 15' circles (Brent Baca, NM), trapezoids (a square or rectangle tee which is wider in the rear and tapers at the front), etc.

How many different shapes have you seen? Any unconventional shapes? What do you prefer?

I've seen two tees share one time capsule at Tree Top in The Dalles Oregon. And a tee inside of giant red wood stump in Arcata, CA. There are all kinds I think, maybe not PDGA approved but all kinds.

Santa Cruz River Park in Tucson AZ has hexagon cement teepads that are rather small. This isn't much of a problem because the holes are rather short, many at or less than 200 feet. The course is old, built in 1978 if that has anything to do with it.

big "T" shaped pads at River Walk in Corona, CA:

e19e2d1c.jpg

Oak Grove has large hexagonal tees:

0f6afac7.jpg

Hole 6 at Whittier Narrows is a big football-shaped tee pad thats kind of odd too.

Hampton Park in Charleston, SC (annual temporary course) tees out of a gazebo.

The Redwood Curtain has a tee on top of an old growth redwood stump. Not as large as you may think in terms of space to "run-up" (which you would not want to do). It is a good 10' in the air though.
DSCJNKY

The Redwood Curtain has a tee on top of an old growth redwood stump. Not as large as you may think in terms of space to "run-up" (which you would not want to do). It is a good 10' in the air though.
DSCJNKY

There's no need for a run up on that hole. I'm not sure why some well intentioned person threw gravel up there at the last work party:wall:. You going to be here for the Bigfoot this weekend?

There's no need for a run up on that hole. I'm not sure why some well intentioned person threw gravel up there at the last work party:wall:. You going to be here for the Bigfoot this weekend?

I wish I could get back to Humboldt. Hopefully someday.
Are they playing the Curtain and Mad River again...
DSCJNKY

Is there a regulation tee size approved by the PDGA, or some sort of guidelines? Also, it seems that I recently read that there is no standard dimensions used when designing baskets, it only needs to be approved by the PDGA....it seems kind of stupid to have this lack of standardization for such basic fixtures in a sport if the above facts are true. Anyone know?

I would love it if every tee at a course was the exact same size and shape. However, different designs or sizes, such as that stump tee, add some uniqueness and challenge.

I had an idea for tees that are the shape of conventional rectangular concrete tees, but with the sign for the hole painted onto the tee. The painting would take up the hole tee and would be pretty intricate. Anyone ever seen this before?

I had an idea for tees that are the shape of conventional rectangular concrete tees, but with the sign for the hole painted onto the tee. The painting would take up the hole tee and would be pretty intricate. Anyone ever seen this before?

That would be really cool if you could find a way to make it last. Seems like the upkeep could be an issue.