• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DISC GOLF GAME - Game demo is here

crosstrek

hi guys,

I invite all on this forum to download and try a demo of my disc golf game for Windows.

Most newer PCs should run the game nicely, and if you have a graphics card, then it will run great. The game runs best on a PC with hardware-accelerated graphics, but I've done all I can to include options to help those with older or slow computers. It is a limited-function demo, but you can have some fun with it as well.

Find a link to the demo here:

http://www.discflightsim.com

I plan to release the full game for sale on Dec 1.

I know there is a Wii game in the works, and I was going to wait for it to come out before releasing my Windows game. My game is for disc golfers to have a new game to play with over the holidays and over the long winter to come. Hope you have some fun with it. I update the game every day, so your feedback will help lead towards the final release.

Gordon

P.S.
The download password is currently "demo".

Downloading it as I type. I remember seeing screen shots of this a while back. I'll be playing it shortly

After the install, it can't find "edge.exe" to run the game. Its not on my CPU anywhere

Try your program files, then your discflightsim folder... there should be a discflightsim_demo icon. I just double clicked on that and it worked

As for my review. I have just played this for only a few minutes... As of right now I am totally loving it! This is totally sweet!

I am quite impressed. I like how you are free roaming and can move about freely and you have to go to your disc and play from behind the marker. Its nice that you can pick your disc, aim, and select the amount of hyzer and anhyzer of the disc. Very realistic.

I am going to go back and play some more to see what else is there.

Great work!

I did that. It tries to find edge.exe.

It also doesn't create a shortcut on the desktop

Got it workin!

Fun stuff!! i like the names a lot. can't wait for the full version

Don't mean to be confused, but are there only 2 baskets? Also it would be nice to know how far from the basket you are. Am I doing it wrong, do you create your own maker placements? Otherwise, extremely awesome game.

The hammerhead is a hammerhead. And hammerheads are that flippy.

I assume there are only 2 baskets because its a demo. You gan go to the basket, mark your lie then wank back to where ever you want to and it will tell you how far away you are from the lie.

In challenge mode it's a bit better about that stuff. If you're nto in challenge mode there're only 2 baskets. In challenge mode there are 3.

T-Bone said:
Don't mean to be confused, but are there only 2 baskets? Also it would be nice to know how far from the basket you are. Am I doing it wrong, do you create your own maker placements? Otherwise, extremely awesome game.
This is a limited demo :)

The demo starts-out in free-play mode, and has just a couple of baskets, unless you play the one challenge that's available at Shift-Q, C, 1, A.

While playing a course, you'll know how far you are from the basket, or your active disc.

You can also press F2 to place a marker, then walk and your distance will be displayed.

You may also press F1, F2, and click the Auto-move Player box. After you throw a disc, you will be taken to it automatically.

In the full game, you can play courses, design courses, or just run around and look for baskets. There's also a game called Speed-Safari in which there can be over 100 baskets and you try to sink a disc in every one as fast as possible.

Quite impressive! Love a lot of the features. I'll be getting it on release for sure :)

Job well done! And thanks.

Daggonnit. I so wish I weren't at work right now, I'll definitely be downloading it tonight though. I've been hoping for this to come out for a while now, and the screenshots look awesome!

Here's a question, you say there's a design feature in the game, will players be able to share their custom courses with others?