• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf pants?

eric40817

* Ace Member *
Im rewatching the 2015 USDGC and I got to thinking. Everyone has their rain jackets, umbrellas, waterproof shoes etc. When I play in rain Im wearing my typical shorts, jeans, athletic gym style Adidas pants. They never fail to get pretty wet. Especially on the bottoms. When its a constant rain the fronts get wet rendering the use of the pockets to keep my hands warm/dry useless. So what do you guys have for pants that may be water repellant or water proof, yet still lightweight not bulky?

Don't make fun of me until you try them...absolutely best disc golf pants. Lululemon ABC pants. Expensive but better than anything else. Breath well, dry fast, water repellant(not proof), comfortable, and more flexible than anything else.

128476_g.jpg

Prana hiking pants. Really any hiking pants are great but pranas are my favorite. Water resistant, super fast drying, very comfortable. Stretchy so you can get to any lie but still look decent. I wouldn't ever wear legit waterproof rain pants for DG ever.

I prefer mountain hardware. But they're both under the Columbia umbrella.

Cheap and packable frog toggs rain suit $20 at wally world. They work pretty good granted it's an extra layer though.

I wear REI brand convertable pants with zip off legs.
Then if it's really pouring, I have some cheap nylon rain pants also

Im rewatching the 2015 USDGC and I got to thinking. Everyone has their rain jackets, umbrellas, waterproof shoes etc. When I play in rain Im wearing my typical shorts, jeans, athletic gym style Adidas pants. They never fail to get pretty wet. Especially on the bottoms. When its a constant rain the fronts get wet rendering the use of the pockets to keep my hands warm/dry useless. So what do you guys have for pants that may be water repellant or water proof, yet still lightweight not bulky?

Similar, like the lightweight athletic pants like Asics or similar brand/style. When playing in wet conditions like rain, puddles and 2" of snow or less I also add on some low cut gaitors to keep my pants from coming in contact with the ground.

258025_170_41

Snagged some black ones like the above from REI and they have come in very handy. Seals the gap between the bottom of my pants and top of my shoes while adding minimal weight. Easy on/off and usually store them in the trunk of my car just in case. :thmbup:

Prim, do those work ok with shorts to keep vegetation out of your shoes?

Yes they do. I prefer low top trail running shoes myself so any early morning round with the dew still around I usually put them over my shoes. The elastic at the top helps keep them tight to your leg to prevent anything from getting in. Will keep your socks clean and dry for sure.

Also used them this winter a lot as we didn't get a ton of snow like the previous year. 2" - 3" and under I was able to use my shoes the majority of the time with the gaitors.

Wait. I'm supposed to be wearing pants on the course?

No wonder I play so many solo rounds.

I'm trying to keep the barbed grass seeds out of my shoes and socks. They dig into the shoe lining and sometimes never come out.

Similar, like the lightweight athletic pants like Asics or similar brand/style. When playing in wet conditions like rain, puddles and 2" of snow or less I also add on some low cut gaitors to keep my pants from coming in contact with the ground.

258025_170_41

Snagged some black ones like the above from REI and they have come in very handy. Seals the gap between the bottom of my pants and top of my shoes while adding minimal weight. Easy on/off and usually store them in the trunk of my car just in case. :thmbup:

I'm a huge fan of gaiters... I've been wearing them for about 4 years now especially in the winter... they're also very, very helpful when going through thorns or tall grasses (with sticky briars and such)... also keeps ticks away pretty well

Huge value add to your gear to add a pair of gaiters. I use knee-high ones but I really like the ones FP posted too :thmbup: