• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Retriever Survey

I've been thinking about getting the 'Disc Gator' for a while. Having a disc find water is the main reason. A lot of times my disc will end up in a thorn bush or high up in the tree. A product like the 'Disc Gator' is appealing because it has reach. If you could find a way to improve on that product you've got something solid.

I claimed in the survey that I would not be interested in a retreiver product but that Hooker looks nice

If you're making a retriever that shoots a projectile suction cup to stick to the disc while in a tree or 1 ft deep, I'll change my final answer to 51+.

I've been thinking about getting the 'Disc Gator' for a while. Having a disc find water is the main reason. A lot of times my disc will end up in a thorn bush or high up in the tree. A product like the 'Disc Gator' is appealing because it has reach. If you could find a way to improve on that product you've got something solid.

yeah i recently won a Disc Gator from this very websites facebook page.. really impressed with it so far! Has great reach, breaks down easy, fits perfectly where i would put an umbrella and most importantly .. its great at returning my plastic!

I really like my disc gator, has already paid for itself. The one problem I have with it is that the poles want to come apart once I have the disc in the grabber and I need to pull it back to me. Whether hung on stumps or moss in water, or branches of a tree, the poles just don't have a tight enough locking system to stay together. Other than that I love the product, and would recommend it to anyone.

A few things, so far, the best disc retrieval device I've found is the gator. That said, it has some limitations. Because it is based on a tent pole structure, if you actually hook something other than your disc, or if your disc catches on something, it comes apart and you are pulling it out of whatever it's caught on via the bungie cord. Not ideal for me. The grabber on it works great, but I'd rather see it on a different structure, or see a way to lock the poles together.

If the gator does this, they are going to be hard to beat IMO.

I really like my disc gator, has already paid for itself. The one problem I have with it is that the poles want to come apart once I have the disc in the grabber and I need to pull it back to me. Whether hung on stumps or moss in water, or branches of a tree, the poles just don't have a tight enough locking system to stay together. Other than that I love the product, and would recommend it to anyone.

Oh man! You beat me to it.

Personally, I like the Golden Retriever for my needs. Never had a problem with trees, and if I can see it in water, sure the gator might make it easier, what about murky water? Other than just forgetting my disc, the only time I've lost my plastic is when I can't see it.

That Hooker might work as well as a retriever, but I want string for it too.

Done. Good luck, something that breaks down in the bag, then extends out would be great!

Only thing I have is a Golden Retriever. Works wonders for water hazards like those at Evansville DGC.. Other places, I don't have as much luck (reeds and things in the water make it difficult to use).

My favorite disc retriever is myself. If I go in the water, I will follow my disc in. If I go in a tree, I climb up after it. If it is unclimbable, I throw a hockey puck at the disc until I knock it down hahahahaha.

Latest posts