• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DISC GOLF TRACKER!

DiscLAB

Hello! We are two students in highschool taking an engineering capstone class and we need your help. We are gathering information to justify our product. We are developing a tracker that can track your discs location and it's flight stats, all while being small enough to not mess with the discs weight too much. What we need from you is to take the following survey.
Tinyurl.com/holtdgsurvey
Thank you for your time,
Disc LAB

Not interested in a locator, could be interested in something that tracks flight stats......but it depends on exactly what it's tracking. I can see flight path & distance. Speed, spin, angle? Something else? Might be interesting.

Hello! We are two students in highschool taking an engineering capstone class and we need your help. We are gathering information to justify our product. We are developing a tracker that can track your discs location and it's flight stats, all while being small enough to not mess with the discs weight too much. What we need from you is to take the following survey.
Tinyurl.com/holtdgsurvey
Thank you for your time,
Disc LAB

You may already be completely aware of this, but Nite Ize used to sell a disc golf light that was about the diameter of a half dollar, the thickness of the rim of the disc, and weighed 10 grams. I had a couple of them and loved them for night golf. If you can keep something that size and weight, it shouldn't affect the flight too much at all.

However, I think the big issue with those lights was, you had to physically punch a hole in the center of a disc to permanently attach the light. So you were saying, "this is the only disc I'm going to use this with." And I'm pretty sure most people aren't going to trust a sticky backside.

Last edited:
Not interested in a locator, could be interested in something that tracks flight stats......but it depends on exactly what it's tracking. I can see flight path & distance. Speed, spin, angle? Something else? Might be interesting.

Yeah, that'd be really cool. I'd especially love to see my RPM's and then be able to compare it to pros and see just how far I really have to go.

Can you use them on multiple discs? Do they stick well?
They are stuck "permanently" to the discs with 3M adhesive discs. If you do it right, there is pretty close to no chance of them coming off on their own. I haven't tried, but it seems to me that the only way to get them off w/o damaging or destroying the disc would be to carefully work a knife between the beeper and the disc, and then scrape the remnants of the tape off the disc and beeper. After that, I would think that you could mount it on another disc. Disc Beeper does sell extra adhesive discs.

The Tobu site does not say how their "Seeker" modules are attached to discs, except "Super strong mounting tape." I'm guessing they attach to non-Tobu discs the same way as the Disc Beeper.

They are stuck "permanently" to the discs with 3M adhesive discs. If you do it right, there is pretty close to no chance of them coming off on their own. I haven't tried, but it seems to me that the only way to get them off w/o damaging or destroying the disc would be to carefully work a knife between the beeper and the disc, and then scrape the remnants of the tape off the disc and beeper. After that, I would think that you could mount it on another disc. Disc Beeper does sell extra adhesive discs.

Dental floss works really well for cutting through the tape. Then use alcohol, or goof off (tm), etc. to get the glue off.