• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfers Digest

Hey everybody Matt Hatfield here from Disc Golfers Digest, just letting everybody know that we are a new disc golf site. We just got the KEEN disc golf shoe and have up a review of what we thought. Please check out the site, we have tons comeing up for reviews as well as other stuff. We have been playing this sport for years, have seen what it has to offer, and feel that this is our way to give back to the sport and to everyone who plays it.

-Our players/workers-
Matt Hatfield
Andrew Frazier
Brian King
Kyle Tompor
Trevor Dery

http://www.DiscGolfersDigest.com

Please respect the game, tell others to respect the game but most importantly bring new players with you and HIT SOME CHAINS.

New ION and Nuke reviews coming soon, got both of them a few days ago. Waiting for the weather to break to go out and throw, plus have to drive 45 minutes away to find an open course. Michigan winter disc golf can be such a drag somethimes. Hope everybody enjoys the site. Much, much more on the way for the start of 2010.

Send friend requests to people you clearly don't know, using the website as your own personal advertising tool. It's not myspace.

Oh, ok I had a miss understanding in the clarity of it. How are we supposed to get friends, plus we didn't use some internet bot to do that, we just want people, disc golfers like ourselves to understand who we are and why we are doing what we are doing. I can never understand why people dont want to support others.

I'll say this about Facebook, if any Friend keeps sending me invites to become a fan of their company page that I've already clicked Ignore a time or two, they get defriended. I didn't sign up on a social site to get even more ads than I already get that I can't control.

I'm in full support of what you do. The huk for Haiti is a great idea but man, use twitter, message boards, etc. just a little annoying especially if you not going to use the Scene for it's intended purpose.

I think Pete put in some mods on the scene to allow people to permanently ignore requests from people who're bugging them...It was in response to the Disc Golf Playground guy continually spamming everyone to try and advertise his godawful site, but it should be applicable for anyone that you feel is bugging you, Robin Hood.

Sorry if we have offended anyone with the mass requests, but we do use the scene for its intended purpose. We have met some wonderful people through it. Covering the Motor City Chain Gangs fundraising event was through that website as well as many other disc golf clubs. On a secondary note along with the Huk 4 Haiti fundraiser we have one other fundraising event taking place in Louisiana, but this is still in the works.

Hello everyone, we have just recently put tons of new pictures up on the site. The HUK 4 Haiti fundraiser is in full swing and will be taking place at Robert Morris Park in Kalamazoo MI. Hope we can see some new faces out there.

"Godawful" Ouch...thats a kick in the balls...Why you gotta bring Discgolfplayground into this haha....Yeah I requested a lot of friends, but in my defense:

1. We just want to show what were trying to do
2. Clearly our "godawful" website isn't in it to make tons of money. I did it myself and I am terrible on computers. All we want is get more people into the game that we love
3. I do not request anyones friendship more than 1 time (gotta respect what they want) and I have stopped requesting anyones friendship all together
4. I don't really understand why people can't just click no thanks and move on, if your out there to help the game, theres no reason for trash talk and take steps backwards for the game, when were trying to take at the very least little newborn baby steps forward. haha

Anyway...I dont really see the big deal for discgolfdigest to try to get there name out there. If its something to help move the game forward and not just a way for them to profit from the game, then why not try to get as many disc golfers as they can interested? Shouldn't that be all of our goal? I guess Im biased, cus I do it too, but I only do it cus thats just they way I feel about it.

DGPG said:
"Godawful" Ouch...thats a kick in the balls...Why you gotta bring Discgolfplayground into this haha....Yeah I requested a lot of friends, but in my defense:

1. We just want to show what were trying to do
2. Clearly our "godawful" website isn't in it to make tons of money. I did it myself and I am terrible on computers. All we want is get more people into the game that we love
3. I do not request anyones friendship more than 1 time (gotta respect what they want) and I have stopped requesting anyones friendship all together
4. I don't really understand why people can't just click no thanks and move on, if your out there to help the game, theres no reason for trash talk and take steps backwards for the game, when were trying to take at the very least little newborn baby steps forward. haha

Anyway...I dont really see the big deal for discgolfdigest to try to get there name out there. If its something to help move the game forward and not just a way for them to profit from the game, then why not try to get as many disc golfers as they can interested? Shouldn't that be all of our goal? I guess Im biased, cus I do it too, but I only do it cus thats just they way I feel about it.

Thank you, I do feel the same way in part, not everyone is going to feel the same way about us getting our name out there. We know we will not be making tons of money or any money at all. We are just trying to get good usable info to players, and also to people who may not understand the game to understand it, respect it and maybe incorporate it into their lives. There is a progression happening in the game and anyway to help that progression is positive in my eyes.

When I open my news page and the half of it is "_________ and Disc Golf Play Ground are now friends" it's a touch annoying. Partially because of the many companies who do it. then disappear off the site. It's a really shitty way to get your name out there. No one cares about your site and friending everyone for the sake of getting your name out there and a few more clicks so you can get a few more cents from google adsense is a joke.

This is great. This is the same crap myspace bands deal with.

Back when myspace was popular (when facebook wasn't around) bands would just spam as many people as possible. They would have so many friends, which either helped them get record labels or just got their dick hard.

Then there were the myspace bands who had a different philosophy. Like my band, we didn't spam to get friends. We produced GOOD music, which got the word out for us. We had the same, if not more friends than the kids who were spamming all day with terrible beats.

I understand where you guys are coming from. You just want to get your name out. This is my opinion, but you guys aren't worth hearing about. That isn't an insult, there just isn't much *jazz* to your sites. Nothing that's attractive to the reader, or person you spam. So when you spam them, all they see is a kid spamming their newly made website so they can get hits and sleep better at night.

I would recommend letting your substance start doing the talking, and not your lame attempt to getting a fan base, the less-respected way. Focus on you site, and people will come. You can't force people to view your crap, especially if its crap. If you post ONE time in DGR and say your a new website, and your website is actually worth viewing, people will come. Same with other already known websites. Bumping it every so often (once a month?).

I have a list of trade items I'd LOVE to sell. It's in the B/S/T forum as we speak. What you guys are doing is equivalent to me sending every single person a message telling them about my thread. It's not a 'bad' way to get my stuff in the eyes of potential buyers, but it sure as hell would be annoying and probably make people NOT want to buy from me because I just invaded their E-space.