• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Suggestions

markdh92

I have been a frisbee-golfer for a while, but I just started playing with discs. All I have for a disc at the moment is an Innova Shark Multi-purpose disc that I use for everything - driving/approach/putt. I am looking for a good beginner disc that I could buy that would help my drives, since those are the worst part of my game at this point. I am a right handed golfer, and the course I currently play the most often is heavily wooded, mostly straight holes with 20-ft wide fairways... any suggestions?

first, grab a nice neutral putter, like a classic DX aviar for putting and approaches. Depending on how far you can throw that in a solid straight line, either stick with the shark for a while or maybe pick up a leopard for drives.

a lot depends on how far you throw now, and what that throw/form looks like. how far can you throw that shark in an open field, on a nice controlled throw? does it 'stall out' and fade to the left, or turn over and drift to the right a little but come back? does it turn hard right and crash?