• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft equivalent to the Innova Whippet

ominae

I'm looking for some discs that are similar in comparison but from different companies. Any input would be great. Thanks

XXX (opto line) Latitude
Disc Characteristics
Difficulty 5
Speed 7
Glide 4
High Speed Stability 1
Low Speed Stability 5

Whippet
Disc Characteristics
Difficulty 5
Speed 6
Glide 3
High Speed Stability 1
Low Speed Stability 5

seems like pretty similar discs, althugh I haven't thrown either

The XXX is more like a Predator or Firebird than a Whippet.

The XTreme (out of production) and Blaze are the closest discs to a Whippet from other manufacturers.

According to Marshall street the X2 is the closest fairway driver to the whippet. But as far as I know, they don't make that anymore, so Discraft doesn't really have any over-stable fairway drivers. that are in production.

According to Marshall street the X2 is the closest fairway driver to the whippet. But as far as I know, they don't make that anymore, so Discraft doesn't really have any over-stable fairway drivers. that are in production.

they are nothing alike

The reaper is a fairway driver but a little faster than a whippet....more like a banshee.

Someone better break the news to Mark Ellis that his primary driver is too overstable and OOP. Reaper

Meant to say "not too overstable". Also don't get me started on Ellis as he insulted me a little the last time I saw him.

I met him in 2007 when sponsored by Gateway at the same time Robbie introduced himself as he was new to the team. This year I see him in KC along with Eric and he didn't remember me then said "you must have not been as good in 07". Pissed me off since I would have beat that old man when I was 15.:D

And I'm still 90% sure the discontinued it!

If not I am even more upset as they have gotten rid of better discs in the past.......MRV and X2.

Someone better break the news to Mark Ellis that his primary driver is too overstable and OOP. Reaper

I love mark ellis, but man does he like that rattler. That in no way fits my hand at all, and he swears by it. To each his own I suppose. I do however like the reaper, but I wouldnt call it a "control disc". I don't throw mine very straight...

Come on scooter, that's old guy style.
Reapers aren't overstable if you stretch em.

Sidewinding, oop means squat when you live in mi. and are sponsored by discraft.
I stink and have been playing less then 3 years yet have a stack of talons, storms, mrxs, and mrvs (including some unthrown zs that I just found out today are 1st or 2nd run:) )
you can go to the store and get old stamp or oop plastic easy

Come on scooter, that's old guy style.
Reapers aren't overstable if you stretch em.

Sidewinding, oop means squat when you live in mi. and are sponsored by discraft.
I stink and have been playing less then 3 years yet have a stack of talons, storms, mrxs, and mrvs (including some unthrown zs that I just found out today are 1st or 2nd run:) )
you can go to the store and get old stamp or oop plastic easy

Trade? I will take some Mrvs and Storms for sure....and runs don't matter to anyone on these from what I have seen and there were probably less that 5 MRV runs in Z before they were discontinued.

Also if the overstable thing was referring to me I meant the weren't too overstable and not rear like a Whippet in stability.

The Drone is the closest to me at least.

Last edited:
Their is no equivalent to the whippet, in my humble opinion. That slot in my bag switches between the Whippet, Viper or CFR Viper. I believe everyone should carry at least one of those discs at all times....regardless of whether or not your playing disc golf...my Whippets have gotten me out of some awful touchy situations...