• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Wildcat

CwAlbino

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Was wondering what people on here think of this disc. I think it's a very underrated disc, especially the Z version. The eliteX versions go very far with little effort, and the blue X wildcats are beautiful for turnovers.

I dig 'em. I have 1 X and a few Zs.
They are similar to Valks but IME the Valk has superior glide and a more refined transition from turn to fade. If I could only carry one I would choose the Valk... but I wouldn't be left out in the cold if I only had the Wildcat.

Ive been wanting to try one of these Ill be interested in what this thread has to say

Could this replace my Flick? Discraft says its low profile. Is it as thin and flat as the Flick?

Ummm... Wildcats aren't anywhere near as overstable as a Flick. I would say the two are not going to interchange very well. They might feel similar in the hand; I'll have to check on that. IIRC the Flick has a decently wider wing.

I don't think it will replace your Flick.

Definitely won't replace a flick, the flick does have a wider wing as marmoset said, and is thinner. The stability (discraft scale) is 1.5 on the wildcat, and 2.5 on the flick, so the stability is very very different.

Wildcat is closest to the valkyrie by innova standards. I like the thin lip and low profile, feels great in my hand.