• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Divergent Discs Alpas

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys I recently picked up a Divergent Discs Alpas. If you haven't seen these it's a silicone based putter that is very flexible and rubbery without being as floppy as a Blowfly or Elevation Koi. Very shallow beadless putter, slightly understable flight path.

I have only thrown mine a couple of times, but could see it filling the hillside approach slot in my bag that the Megasoft Swan has filled for many years if I am ever forced to retire those.

I had not seen any buzz about these, but it's a pretty cool disc.

Would also recommend for young players, as the rim feels very small in hand, they are shallow, and soft enough that a shank isn't likely to hurt/break anything.

Just sent a friend a text about these.

Hope you are doing well, minus the torn shoulder..... [emoji53] I'm really enjoying the Alpas. Doesn't have as much fade as a Zone, but it does have a surprising amount of stability for lofted, flick touch approaches of 50'+. And for backhand turnovers with a little loft it will plane out and fade. Surprising! And when it hits the ground it is dead meat!

Waaaay more integrity in the hand than the Koi making it comfortable for touch flicks. Not quite as "collapse and stick" as the Koi either, but also more like a traditional golf disc in feel. So far I like. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sent a friend a text about these.

Hope you are doing well, minus the torn shoulder..... [emoji53] I'm really enjoying the Alpas. Doesn't have as much fade as a Zone, but it does have a surprising amount of stability for lofted, flick touch approaches of 50'+. And for backhand turnovers with a little loft it will plane out and fade. Surprising! And when it hits the ground it is dead meat!

Waaaay more integrity in the hand than the Koi making it comfortable for touch flicks. Not quite as "collapse and stick" as the Koi either, but also more like a traditional golf disc in feel. So far I like. [emoji106]

The more integrity than the Koi sentence is spot on. Throwing either elevation disc I was afraid a stick could puncture the flight plate, think the Alpas would be okay.

might as well give a link i guess https://divergentdiscs.com/product/alpas/
can't seem to find where they are based out of. seems like a foreign company. (facebook says Philippines?)

these look interesting, i really like the swirly colors they have, but not willingly spending my money overseas

^^^^^ Spend it in Utah. [emoji41][emoji16][emoji106]

might as well give a link i guess https://divergentdiscs.com/product/alpas/
can't seem to find where they are based out of. seems like a foreign company. (facebook says Philippines?)

these look interesting, i really like the swirly colors they have, but not willingly spending my money overseas

The only reference I could find for the word Alpas is a Tagalog slang term so the Philippines makes sense.

I threw mine on the football field today and it did pretty well into tail neutral winds. Headwind made it flip pretty badly though. One interesting thing is that it will actually do a backhand roller kind of okay.

I tried it with my friends Koi and it wouldn't stand up, but this one does okay.

So I picked up an Alpas, as my mountain approach disc. Throw it hard and let it stick.

However, the more I throw it, the more I like it as a shot shaping approach disc.

Can't 3 finger grip it, bc its too shallow. (I have small fingers and hands) Really wants a modified fan grip.

It also likes snapping the wrist shots rather than full power shots.

Still trying to dial it in because it has more glide than I'm use to.

Don't like if for a regular putter, but really liking it for finesse approaches. Especially, those half runs with ob behind.

I won an infinite glow box in an Instagram contest and got a glow Alpas in the box. The glow is actually quite good, and the stability is a touch higher.

Im mainly using it as a catch disc, but it's pretty nice and useable. It may sneak into the glow bag at some point.

I won an infinite glow box in an Instagram contest and got a glow Alpas in the box. The glow is actually quite good, and the stability is a touch higher.

Im mainly using it as a catch disc, but it's pretty nice and useable. It may sneak into the glow bag at some point.

See if you can throw it in the basket through the cage. I saw a guy on YouTube doing that. It was funny.

See if you can throw it in the basket through the cage. I saw a guy on YouTube doing that. It was funny.

Need to borrow a practice basket with a metal cage lol